4.13

"How was your tour with Louis," Kat asked as I walked into the common room, before I could respond Theo piped in, "bet he was grateful for the storm," he said while looking at my wet shirt. "Very funny Nott," Daphne said glaring at him. I looked all around the common room, but Draco wasn't in sight. 

"Have you seen Draco?" I asked to the group of three, "No," Daphne and Kat said in unison, "I think he went up to the boys dormitory, he looked rather angry." 

Angry, he had no right to be angry at me, but above all I really shouldn't care how he felt about me kissing someone else. "Thanks Theo," I said before climbing the steps to the boy's dormitory.

"I like Kat but that French girl is so hot," Blaise was telling Draco who was laying in his bed playing with his rings. Blaise stopped when he saw me, "Amelia," Draco didn't react, "I'll leave you two," Blaise said as he gave Draco a smirk and raised his eyebrows. 

"Bored of Brooks already?" Draco asked still not looking, "No, but I don't appreciate you and Pansy spying and I really don't appreciate you being mad about something that has nothing to do with you." He finally looked up, "nothing to do with me?" He got out of his bed and grabbed me by the wrist, "we have a deal Potter." 

"What does this have to do with the de-" he interrupted me, "when you kiss me-" "if" I corrected, but he didn't like that. His grip tightened, "when you kiss me," he continued, "I already have to worry about Weasley I don't need to worry about pretty boy Brooks once you're my girlfriend." 

"Why are you so positive I'll kiss you," his hands were still clasped around my wrists, "It's inevitable Amelia Potter." I pulled myself from his grasps, he sat back on his bed. "You can go now," he said pointing to the door, I didn't move. He smirked at patted his bead, "unless of course you want to stay." "You really are self assured," I said as I walked to the door, "don't forget to change you shirt Potter," he said as I closed it. 

"Amelia, hi," Georgina said startled when I walked into the girls dormitory, she quickly stuffed a letter under her pillow and sat upright. "What was that?" I asked curiously, even though I probably already knew what it was. "A letter," she hesitated, "from my father." "Your father is making you blush," I said in an unsure way, she laughed uncomfortably before responding. "No, he um was just telling me about his new girlfriend, she's Irish." It was probably just to drop it and pretend to believe that the letter wad from her father and not a certain Hufflepuff boy. 

I changed out of my white shirt and put on a dark green sweater that Mrs. Weasley had knitted for me. "How was your day with Louis?" she asked as I laid on my bed, I told her about the tour, the picnic, the kiss, and Draco's reaction. "Well you know who's side I'm on," I looked at her confused, "Millie come on, Malfoy isn't good for you. His family isn't good for you, you're just gonna end up hurt." 

"I tend to disagree," Kat said from the door way, she must have been listening. Not that I cared, I would've told her anyway. "I've known Draco my whole life," she took a seat next to me, "and I've never seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you Amelia, his eyes sparkle and he genuinely smiles." Georgina snickered under her breath, Kat glared at her before continuing, "when you make a joke he really laughs, thats rare for him, and in class when you answer a question his face lights up, like he's proud. And I overhear him talking to Blaise or Theo about you, about your quidditch skills, about how smart you are, and even how confused he is that you came from the same place as Harry. He can try and say he doesn't like you, and you can try and suppress your obvious feelings, buts it's inevitable." 

It took me a second to process what Kat said, she was a talker that was a known fact. Was what she said actually literal or just her own imagination. 

"Enough about boys," I stood up and walked towards the door, "I'm starving." We walked down to the Great Hall for the Halloween feast, everyone was talking about the same thing. Who would the champion be? Kat, Georgina, and I took our usual spots near Blaise, Daphne, and Theo. The empty spot next to me was soon filled, "Looks like you changed your sweater," Brooks said with a grin as he took the seat. 

"Yeah and I'm really sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have ran off," he waved his arm, "don't worry about it, that Malfoy seems to be quite the character. Draco was sitting next to Theo and Pansy, she was whispering in his ear, but he looked uninterested. His eyes were locked on mine. "He is," I responded, "a true character." 

At long last, the golden plates returned to their original spotless state; there was a sharp upswing in the level of noise within theHall, which died away almost instantly as Dumbledore got to his feet. On either side of him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as anyone. Ludo Bagman was beaming and winking at various students. Mr. Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored. 

It was time, the champion would finally be chosen. Personally, I hoped Sylvia, a fellow Slytherin chaser in her 7th year, is chosen to represent Hogwarts. But the chances of a Slytherin being chosen are slim to none. "Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" — he indicated the door behind the staff table — "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red again. Sparks began to fly from it. Next moment, a tongue of flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment fluttered out of it — the whole room gasped.Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and held it at arm's length, so that he could read it by the light of the flames, which had turned back to blue-white."The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum." "No surprise there," Brooks whispered in my ear. 

The clapping and chatting died down. Now everyone's attention was focused again on the goblet, which, seconds later, turned red once more. A second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames."The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!" That was the blonde girl who the boys were gawking at last night , "she must be a Veela," Kat muttered under her breath.

And the Goblet of Fire turned red once more; sparks showered out of it; the tongue of flame shot high into the air, and from its tip Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment."The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!" I cheered loudly, much to the dismay of my fellow Slytherin classmates. "A bloody Hufflepuff, really they are disgraces," Draco said loudly, Georgina's face turned red but she didn't say anything. 

Every single Hufflepuff had jumped to his or her feet, screaming and stamping, as Cedric made his way past them, grinning broadly, and headed off toward the chamber behind the teachers' table. Indeed, the applause forCedric went on so long that it was some time before Dumbledore could make himself heard again."Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at last the tumult died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real —"But Dumbledore suddenly stopped speaking, and it was apparent to everybody what had distracted him. 

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment.Automatically, it seemed, Dumbledore reached out a long hand and seized the parchment, "Harry Potter." 

"Oh my god," I said shocked, there were no cheers, there were no applause. "He must've cheated," Pansy snarked. I didn't know what he did, but there was no way he could compete. He was too young, my brother would get demolished out there. "He can't compete," I whispered urgently to Kat, but she only raised her shoulders. 

Was it possible, that I could have one normal year without my brother being the Chosen One?