3.16

A few days later, I was pulled aside by Hermione, "hey Amelia, have you said anything to Malfoy yet about Buckbeak?" My heart sunk, I had completely forgotten. "You forgot didn't you," she said in a disappointed tone. "No, don't worry I'm working on it." She gave me a large smile and walked away

I had no idea what I'd say to Draco, we weren't exactly on amazing terms. Our only interactions in the last couple of days was the brushing of hands and awkward eye contact. But I had to try for Hagrid, I waited until Draco and I were the last remaining people in the common room. I got up from my chair on the opposite side of the room and walked over to Draco's couch, he looked up as I took a seat. "What do you want Potter?" "I need a favor Draco," his eyebrows perked up, "what's in it for me?" Of course he needed a reason for being a good person, "can you please just maybe rise above your ego and tell your father to pardon Buckbeak." "That bird that almost killed me, please," he scoffed, "I could've died." I got up annoyed, "you really are a git." His eyes lost the confident gleam, "Wait Potter," he got up from the chair, "I'll see what I can do, but under one condition." I rolled my eyes, "and what is that?"

"You go to Hogsmeade with me, I mean we had fun last time." Of course this is what he would want, Harry will be so angry. "Fine," I said, "but just remember nothing is going to happen between us again." He laughed under his breath, "last time I checked I wasn't the one with the self-control issues." He wasn't wrong, I had no idea how to control myself around him.

"No way," Harry said angrily, "he can't make you do that." I had just finished explaining to Harry and Ron what Draco's conditions were for helping Buckbeak. "What if he doesn't even do anything?" Ron asked, it was a good point but I had it covered. "No don't worry about that." Harry shook his head angrily, "Harry it's nothing don't worry." "Oh I bet," he said before storming off to the the Gryffindor tower.

"I can't believe you are going to Hogsmeade with Draco," Kat said eagerly that Saturday morning, "he obviously likes you." "Oh please even a bimbo could figure that out," Georgina said as she got dressed. I hadn't told them about what happened between Draco and I during Christmas break, and I didn't know if I really wanted too. I put on my outfit,

"I love that sweater," Kat said as she felt the soft material

"I love that sweater," Kat said as she felt the soft material. "You should get going," Georgina said, "Draco is definitely waiting for you." These last few weeks she's been acting strange, almost as if she knows.

I walked into the common room and sure enough Draco was waiting for me, "took you long enough Potter" he looked me up and down, "trying to impress me are you?" I rolled my eyes, "get over yourself Malfoy." He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, "don't worry I've been impressed." I shoved him away from me, "let's get this over with shall we?"

"I like you hair like that," Draco said as we made our way across the bridge towards Hogsmeade. I ran my hand through my low messy bun, "it shows your face," he continued. When we arrived in the village we immediately went to Zonko's, as much as I didn't want to admit it I was having a good time. "Should I get hiccup sweets or dungbombs for Harry?" He stared at the packages I was holding up, "how about rat poison instead?" I went to punch his arm but before I could hit him he grabbed my hand, "too slow," he said with a smirk. "I guess I'll just buy both." After I payed we left the store and as we were walking to the Three Broomsticks Draco noticed Crabbe and Goyle walking towards us. "Great, things were going good," he whispered under his breath. "Malfoy," Crabbe said as he approached us, "wanna come with us to check out the Shrieking Shack?" "I'm a little busy right now, ' he responded as he motioned his head towards me. "I actually we really want to check it out, I heard it's haunted," I piped in. Draco looked down at me eyebrows raised, "well come on then, let's check it out."

I followed them up the hill towards the eery shack, as we got to the top I noticed Ron standing alone. I grabbed Draco's hand, "be a decent human," I warned but he shrugged me off. "What are you doing, Weasley?" Draco looked up at the crumbling house behind Ron. "Suppose you'd love to live here, wouldn't you, Weasley? Dreaming about having your own bedroom? I heard your family all sleep in one room — is that true?" Again I grabbed Draco digging my nails into his wrist as a way to say please stop.

SPLAT! Draco's head jerked forward as the mud hit him; his silver blond hair was suddenly dripping inmuck. "What the —?" I struggled to hold back my laughter, of course Harry would use his invisibility cloak and map to find a way into the village. Ron had to hold onto the fence to keep himself standing, he was laughing so hard. Malfoy,Crabbe, and Goyle spun stupidly on the spot, staring wildly around, Malfoy trying to wipe his hair clean. I walked towards Ron to avoid getting hit with dirt, "Good one Harry," I managed to say between laughs.

"What was that? Who did that?" "Very haunted up here, isn't it?" said Ron, with the air of one commenting on the weather. Crabbe and Goyle were looking scared. Their bulging muscles were no use against ghosts. Draco was staring madly around at the deserted landscape.

"It came from over there!" said Draco , wiping his face, and staring at a spot Crabbestumbled — and his huge, flat foot caught the hem of Harry's cloak, the cloak slid off his face for a split second. I gasped, if Draco told Harry would be in huge trouble. "AAARGH!" he yelled, pointing at Harry's head. Then he turned tail and ran, at breakneckspeed, back down the hill, Crabbe and Goyle behind him. Seemed as if he completely forgot about his "date."
Harry tugged the cloak up again, but the damage was done. "Harry!" Ron said, "you'd better run for it! If Malfoy tells anyone — you'd better get back to thecastle, quick —"I said to the spot where Harry was standing. "See you later," said Harry, and without another word, he tore back down the path towardHogsmeade.

"C'mon Ron," I said, "we should get going too." Ron and I started walking back towards the castle, "so what's going on between you and Malfoy." I nervously tried wiping off a dirt stain from my sweater to avoid answering, "nothing, I did this for Buckbeak." Ron shook his head, "George told me about you two, and honestly he didn't have too." God George, he should've known not to tell anyone. "Don't be mad at George," Ron said quickly, "he was worried about you." "He had no reason to worry, I can take care of myself." Ron laughed, "trust me we know that."