chapter eighteen

Josie's POV                                                                                                                                                                            Ben's Apartment                                                                                                                                                        March 29th, 2012                                                                                                                                                                5:30 PM

"Josie! Can you help me with my tie?" Ben asked, dropping the two ends. "My hands are to shaky." 

"Of course, come here." He walked over to me, taking a deep breath. I slowly tied the knot, kissing his cheek when I had finished. 

"Thank you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You wouldn't wear a tie." I replied, trying to make him laugh some of the nerves away. "But seriously, you look great. And you're going to do great." I took his hands in mine, holding them to my chest. "You got this."

"I love you so much." He leaned down and kissed me softly, a hint of a smile on his lips. 

"I love you more. Now, we have places to be. You ready?" 

"As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." Ben got a text saying that the car that would be taking us to the theater was outside. I grabbed my bag, following him out the door and downstairs. We got in the car and Ben took my hand, bringing it to his lips. "I'm freaking out, if you can't tell." 

"Babe, this is your dream. You've go this, I promise." I smoothed my dress a little, nervous for him. Since I was dating Ben, I got to walk the carpet with the cast. For once I'd be having pictures taken of me instead being the one behind the camera. Then, I'd be going to watch the show with Kevin and Ashley from the fifth row. When we got to the theater, I could already see cameras flashing from where they had put the backdrop and carpet. "Wow, they've got some serious reporters here." I muttered. 

"How can you tell?" 

"The power of that flash. Those are some seriously pricey cameras, and with pricey cameras comes good exposure." I nudged him slightly, flashing a playful grin. 

"Oh, cool." We got out of the car right beside the carpet, and already there were some fansies lined up. 

"OH MY GOD!! YOU'RE JOSIE JORDAN!!" one girl screamed. 

"That's me!" I replied. Every now and then I would get stopped by one of Jeremy's fans, and more recently, Ben's. 

"Will you sign this?" She held out a Bonnie and Clyde Playbill. 

"I wasn't in that show! I think you're looking for Jeremy." I laughed. 

"Don't tell him, but I like you more." I internally pumped my fist, and signed the Playbill. 

"Enjoy the show!" I returned to Ben's side, next to Jeremy and Ashley. "So? Any nerves?" 

"A few. I'm good though." Jeremy replied, posing for a camera. 

"I think we're more nervous than they are." Ashley laughed. 

"Speak for yourself." I said, nodding towards Ben, who was fiddling with his tie and talking to Andrew. "I had to tie his tie he's shaking so much." 

"I had to do that for Bonnie and Clyde. Next time will be a lot easier, I can promise you that." 

"I just hate seeing him so stressed. I know a lot of it is nerves that will go away when he gets onstage, but still, it's worrying." I wouldn't tell Ben that. It'll stress him out even more.