chapter forty one: The Reception

don't come for me it's cute

Josie's POV                                                                                                                                                                            The Bridal Suite                                                                                                                                                                  June 27th, 2015                                                                                                                                                                  2:37 PM

Ben and I walked out of the chapel and down the hall hand in hand. Finally, we reached the bridal suite, and went inside. 

"That was amazing." he whispered, kissing me softly. 

"It really was." I smiled, our foreheads pressed together. "I love you so much, B." 

"I love you more Jos." I kissed him again, this time with a little more heat. "Or should I say Mrs. Fankhauser?" 

"That's insane. We're the Fankhausers." I said, slipping my engagement ring back on, on top of my wedding ring. "You look very dashing, by the way." 

"Thank you darling. You look absolutely stunning in your dress." He walked up behind me, putting his head on my shoulder and his hands on my waist. 

"Thank you. Now, I think we have to go take pictures and interact with everyone." 

"Blech. Let them wait. I don't want to leave." I went to the window, looking out the blinds. 

"We're going. Now. This lighting is too good to pass up." I said, grabbing his wrist and dragging him out the door. "We can come back later." 

"Oh, the joys of being married to a photographer." he sighed, following me outside. 

"There they are! How are the lovebirds?" Kevin asked, hugging us both. 

"Incredibly happy." Ben replied. 

"That's the spirit." We were put in place for our more formal pictures, aka the boring ones. After we got done with all of those, it was time for the fun pictures. 

"Okay, I want Jeremy and Joey to pretend to pull Josie away from Ben." They did as they were told, even though they were actually pulling. We took more stupid pictures, and then it was finally time to go inside. We got in line outside the hall, behind the wedding party, after our parents went inside. We could hear the DJ announcing everyone as they went in, with color commentary that could rival a concert. 

"Last but certainly not least, the reason we are here today, Ben and Josie Fankhauser!" We walked out hand in hand, going to our table. Once we sat down, I looked around the room. Fairy lights were hanging everywhere, and every table had a centerpiece on it that looked my bouquet. 

"It looks amazing in here." I said, my eyes never leaving the room. A few seconds later, my Dad stood up, a microphone in his hand. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of Ben and Josie, I want to welcome you here today! I am so proud of the woman that Josie has become, and I believe that she and Ben have a very bright future together. So, to you two, congratulations. I love you both very much." Everyone clapped and took a drink of their champagne. 

An hour later..

"It's time for dancing! We're going to start with our mother-son dance." Ben got up from his chair, meeting his mother in the middle of the dance floor as a song they had picked out together started playing. They glided across the floor, deep in hushed conversation. After the song rang out it's final note, Ben returned to the table as I got up. "Now for the father-daughter dance." I stepped out on the floor and Dad took my hand.