chapter thirty five

Josie's POV                                                                                                                                                                            The Apartment                                                                                                                                                                    January 10th, 2014                                                                                                                                                           

"So have you guys picked a date yet?" Meghan asked, taking a sip of tea. 

"We're thinking some time next year." 

"Next year? That's a long time from now." 

"We both want to make the day perfect, and it also gives us some wiggle room, just in case something happens." 

"I see where you're coming from. No matter what day it is, it's going to be magical. Have you started planning?"

"I wanted to wait until I asked people to be my bridesmaids. Speaking of which, would you be one of my bridesmaids?" 

"Of course!" 

Later that day, I was in the park with Kara and Ashley between shows, sitting at a picnic table eating salads. 

"So, I have a question for the two of you." I said through a bite.

"Shoot." 

"Would you guys be two of my bridesmaids?" Their eyes went wide, and they both nodded quickly. 

"Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!" Ashley said, hugging me from the side. 

"Obviously!"  

"Great! Meghan agreed earlier, and then Jess is my maid of honor. So, when shall we start planning?" 

"We can start now, if you want. I think Meghan's on her way." Ashley said, checking the time on her phone. 

"Great." I got out my laptop, pulling up the Pinterest board I had already started. Meghan got there as soon as I did that, putting her stuff down and huddling around the laptop with us. "Hey, before we start, I want to tell you guys that if I start being like a bridezilla or something, please, let me know." 

"Girl, have you met us?" Kara asked, nudging my side. 

"True. Okay, so here's what I'm thinking." 

At the Next Show...

Tonight, I decided to watch the show from the house. As the overture played, I saw that there were a ton on kids in the audience tonight. This was going to be adorable. There was a little boy in the seat next to me, and as the screens came up to reveal Corey and Andrew in the penthouse, he let out a small gasp. As the show continued, he was glued to the stage, eyes wide and shining. At the end, during curtain call, I tapped his mother on the shoulder. 

"Do you think he would want to meet the characters?" I asked, quiet enough that he couldn't hear me. 

"Oh, he would love it. We don't have those kind of connections though." She sighed sadly, looking back at the stage. 

"I do." 

"Pardon?" 

"My fiancé plays David. I can text the stage manager and have him ask them to stay in character for a little longer so he can meet them, if you'd like." 

"That would be wonderful! I'm so sorry, I didn't get your name."

"Josie. Josie Jordan." 

"Katrina Johnston. This is Ollie." Katrina ruffled the boys hair as he excitedly clapped. 

"How old is he?" I asked, pulling out my phone to text Thomas. 

"He just turned six." 

"That's amazing! Everyone back there is going to love him, especially Cor--I mean Jack. He loves kids." 

"Thank you so much for this. I seriously don't know how I can repay you." Katrina said, starting to gather their things since the show had ended. 

"The look of wonder on Ollie's face was payment enough." I crouched down to his level, looking him in the eye. "Hi Ollie! My name is Josie, and I have a surprise for you!" 

"A-a spise?" 

"Yeah! How would you like to go meet Jack, Davey, Katherine, and all the other Newsies?" He nodded quickly, his face lighting back up. 

"Reawy?!" 

"Yeah! All of them are good friends of mine, and they really wanted me to bring you and your mom backstage to meet them!" He started jumping around excitedly, and my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was Thomas, letting me know that everyone was ready, and super excited to meet Ollie. The house had cleared out, so I put my phone away and turned back to them. "Okay. Are you guys ready?" 

"Yeah!" 

"Then follow me! Katrina, you may want to pick him up, we're going to go the short way and there's a lot of wires and stuff." She did as I suggested, putting the boy on her hip and following me onstage. 

"Are we supposed to be up here?" 

"I ate my dinner on the scaffolding. As long as you're with me, you're good." I led them through the wings, and to the call stand, where Thomas was waiting. 

"Good evening Katrina and Ollie! Welcome to Newsies. Now, I must warn you, all of the Newsies are from the year 1899, so they don't know about cellphones, or TV's, or even computers!" 

"Whoa!" Ollie gasped. 

"That means if you want to take pictures, you and your mom are going to have to teach them about your phones, can you do that?" 

"Yeah!" 

"Alright. Well, are you ready to meet the Newsies?" Ollie nodded quickly, a huge grin on his face. "Let's go!" Thomas and I led the two of them up the small flight of stairs and to the lounge, where almost all of the cast was milling about. "Newsies of New York City! We have a visitor! This is Ollie." Ollie waved shyly, clinging to to Katrina's leg. 

"Hi Ollie! You's here ta sell some papes?" Corey asked, crouching down next to him. 

"Ollie, this is Jack. He's one of the nicest people ever." I said, urging him forward. 

"Hey Josie! I didn't see ya!" Ollie started coming out of his shell, talking to all the Newsies and learning a couple of the simpler dances. 

"He's adorable." Ben said, putting an arm around my shoulders. 

"Yeah, he really is. You should've seen him during the show, he was in a total trance." 

"Josie! Is Davey your boyfriend?" Ollie yelled from across the room. 

"You bet I am!" Ben said, kissing my cheek.

"Ewwwwwwwwwww!" 

oml this was a filler but i love it anyways