chapter thirty eight

your picture's coming later, don't worry.

Josie's POV                                                                                                                                                                            June 18th, 2014                                                                                                                                                                 A Wedding Dress Shop                                                                                                                                            1:58 PM

"Is everyone here? I asked, looking around at my friends and sisters.  

"Yep!" Andrew chirped from the back. 

"Then let's go!" Jess said loudly, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the doors. We all went inside, composing ourselves (slightly). "Hi, we have an appointment for Josie Jordan." 

"Where is Miss Josie?" the guy asked, looking at everyone. 

"Right here." I said, raising my hand slightly. 

"Well aren't you the prettiest thing! My name is Tanner, and I'm going to be your consultant! So, who all do we have here today?" 

"Um, this is my sister and maid of honor Jessica, my sister-in-law and bridesmaid Ashley, my best friends and bridesmaids Kara and Meghan, and then my friends Andrew and Tommy." 

"We don't get a best friend?" Tommy asked, mocking offense. 

"Fine. My best friends Tommy and Andrew." I sighed. 

"Perfect! Nice to meet you all. So, do you have a look in mind?" 

"No, not really. I'm just going to see what jumps out, I think." 

"That's how all the best looks are found! Now then, everyone, let's go have a look see back in the rack room." Tanner said, motioning us to follow him. He led us to a back room, where hundreds of dresses lined the racks. 

"Whoa." 

"Whoa is right. Now, we're going to go by basic size, and then once we've picked out your dress, then we'll measure you for alterations." 

Thirty Minutes Later...

All of us had picked out an armful of dresses, and I was in the fitting room. 

"Listen girlie, you are going to look beautiful no matter what you wear. To everyone out there, and to your soon to be husband. What's his name?" Tanner asked, helping me into a ballgown that Meghan had found. 

"Ben Fankhauser." 

"Ben and Josie. I love it!" He buttoned it up, turning my shoulders so that I was facing the mirror. 

"Wow, I look like a princess!" I gasped, looking over the dress. 

"Well princess, we wanna see!" Andrew called. I pushed open the curtain to gasps. 

"Oh my God. Jos..." Jess trailed off, putting her hand over her mouth. 

"You look beautiful." Ashley said softly. 

"You really do." Kara added. 

"So, is that the dress?" Tommy asked, giddy with excitement.

"I like it, but it's not the one. It's too poofy." I fluffed the skirt, accentuating my point.