chapter fifty three

I HAD AN ADORABLE GIF BUT IT WOULD'NT LET ME USE IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Josie's POV                                                                                                                                                                            The House                                                                                                                                                                              April 25th, 2019                                                                                                                                                                   

"Ben! Is everything ready?" I called from Ally's nursey. I was trying to change her diaper as Kade was pulling on my leg. "What's up buddy?" 

"I wanna watch Dada on the TV." Our kid was the biggest Fansie there was. No doubt about it. 

"We can watch Dada later. Right now, Uncle Jer and Aunt Ash are coming over with Baby Clara." I replied, fastening Ally's onesie. "There you go sweet girl. All clean." The three of us went downstairs, where Ben was in the kitchen. 

"Hey, did you hear a new child actor has hit the scene?" he asked, glancing up from his phone. 

"No, I didn't. That's cool though, who is it?" 

"His name is Ollie Johnston." I looked over at Ben in realization. 

"That's the kid from.." I broke out in a grin. "Is there an interview or anything?" 

"Yeah, there's a video. I was waiting to play it until you got in here." He pressed a button on his phone and a new voice filled the room. 

"Ollie, what made you want to act?" 

"Well, when I was little, my mom and I went to see Newsies at the Nederlander. Of course, at the time, I didn't know who she was, but I happened to be sitting next to Josie Jordan Fankhauser, and she felt generous enough to take me backstage to 'meet the characters'. That experience made me want to tell those stories." 

"That is a great story. Josie, if you're out there, you have changed one young man's life." Ben stopped the video, smiling at me. 

"I did that?" 

"You did that. We've got to go see him in a show or something." 

"Yeah, we do." Just then, the doorbell rang, and my attention shifted. "That's our niece!" I jogged to the front door, throwing it open. "Hi!" 

"Hey!" Ashley said, stepping in. Jeremy came in carrying the carseat. 

"Welcome to the parents club." Ben joked as they stepped into the kitchen. 

"Man, I'm in love with this little girl." Jeremy replied, picking her up. 

"I understand completely." Ben replied, Ally in his arms. 

"Aunt Ash!" Kade yelled, running into the room and to Ashley. 

"Kade!" She set him on her lap and kissed his cheek. "Do you want to meet your new cousin?" Kade nodded quickly. 

"Okay buddy, come over here." Jeremy said softly. 

"Kade, be gentle." I reminded. 

"Otay Mommy." He climbed up onto the couch next to Jeremy, peering over his shoulder at Clara. "Baby Cara?" he asked, looking at Ben and I. 

"Yeah buddy, that's Baby Clara!" Ben answered. 

"Woah." he said, his eyes widening. I laughed silently along with Ashley at how awestruck he was. 

"Do you want to hold her?" Jeremy asked. Kade nodded, sitting down like he would to hold Ally. 

"Just like Ally, okay?" I said, giving him a look. Jeremy put Clara in his arms and I grabbed my camera, snapping a couple pictures. A few minutes later, Kade looked up at us. 

"I done." Jeremy took her from him, passing Clara to me. I took her graciously, looking down at my little niece. 

"Guys, she's adorable." 

"If you're holding my daughter, let me hold yours!" Ashley laughed as Ben passed her Ally. 

"You want a turn?" I asked, turning to Ben. He nodded eagerly, holding out his arms. I gently handed her to him, and his face softened the same way it did when he looked at Kade and Ally. 

"She's beautiful." Ben said, looking back up from her little face. 

"We wanted to ask you guys something, actually." Ashley said, bouncing Ally slightly. 

"What's up?" 

"Would you be Clara's godparents?" Jeremy asked as Kade crawled into his lap. I looked over at Ben, knowing we were thinking the same thing. 

"Of course!" I exclaimed. 

"That's a really stressful question to ask! What happens if they say no?" Jeremy laughed. 

"Well, if you guys had said no for that little munchkin, then the torch would've gone to Kara and Kevin." I replied, watching Kade's face go from happy to pouty. "Kade, buddy, what's wrong?" 

"Watch Dada." he mumbled, crossing his arms as he teared up. He turned around, burying his face in Jeremy's chest.

"Do you guys mind if I turn on Newsies for Kade? I'm not in the mood for a meltdown." I chuckled. 

"Go for it. I can always watch myself." Jeremy laughed. I quickly turned it on, and as the overture started, Kade looked up. 

"Dada!" he yelled a few minutes later when Ben came on screen. 

"Did you see me?" Jeremy asked, looking up at the screen. 

"Uncle Jer on TV?" He stood up, Kade on his hip, and walked over to the TV. 

"Yep! There's me, and Uncle Andrew!" 

"Woah!" Kade's eyes danced across the screen as the show went on. During the part where Jack and Katherine are in theater, Jeremy pointed at the screen again. 

"There's Aunt Kara!" 

WE LOVE UNCLE JEREMY AND FANSIE KADE