Another loss

Kakashi stood at the edge of Ikada's bed as he watched her pale face. She was clearly enervated. In fact she was gone on a 20 days mission all exclusively . He had learnt this from the Hokage.

She was no longer a student to kakashi as she was already considered a chunin and almost a jounin but a part of him was always concerned for her. Of course she was one of her former students from the first batch he'd ever mentored. The Hokage informed him about her denial towards having any other members.

Why would you go like that? Were you tryin to suicide? Even though you're the bearer of the Draggoton's symbol it doesn't dissuade the fact that you're still learning. You still need to unlock those powers of yours. And I know you can do it but- but a part of me gets disquieted for you, to see you this way. And i don't even know why. Why do I get all uneasy whenever it's you? What are you doing to me Ikada? I won't let this happen. I'm sorry for being useless to you at this point. Why do I even feel this way. Damnit!

He keeps staring at Ikada with random thoughts in his mind for a good one hour when he finally learns he needs to go. But then again he looks back at her all untested. Why Ikada? Just why....?
.
.
.

Everyone looked forward to the match with dissimilar and similar anticipations.

The sparring against Gaara and Sasuke was the most anticipated match and people were desperately waiting for that. It wasn't expected by the silver haired jounin to make his student show late for the match. He didn't even show up until the last moment when the match was about to get cancelled. Kakashi and Sasuke finally reached the arena oh how relived everyone looked especially Naruto.

"Hello kakashi Sensei. Aren't you a bit too late?" -
Ikada asked as she looked over her shoulder to see her sensei standing behind her all unfazed with everything.

"Oh well you see things happened." - He sheepishly said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"I see. Even on this important day."

She said this while looking towards the match

"My youthful rival how did you manage to teach Sasuke this move in one month?!"

"Sasuke is talented. Uchihas are just blessed." -Ikada intervened much to everyone's attention

"That's my Sasuke-kun" Sakura cheered

"Look lee he thinks I trained Sasuke hard."-

kakashi tried to lighten the mood around lee but it didn't earn him anything. Of course lee was a little depressed. Not only was he handicapped for the moment he also had lost the match. He felt much inferior to Sasuke and all others. Yet thanks to his Sensei. Their youthful and optimistic thoughts always kept him on going. No matter what he wasn't the one to lose confidence anytime soon.

And swiftly in between the fight there had to be some interference. Of course it was the sanin Orochimaru.

"Ikada be careful." -kakashi never looked away from the intruders.

"Hai- Shikamaru you can stop pretending to be in a genjutsu you know." -Ikada

"How did you know?!" Sakura and Shikamaru both exclaimed at the same time.

"I can just sense things. It's not the main point. Kakashi Sensei who's going after Sasuke and Gaara?
Something seems off."- Ikada seemed anxious

"Right. Sakura wake Naruto. I'm assigning Pakkun to go with you, Shikamaru and Naruto after Sasuke. Make sure everything is alright and if anything happens we'll be there." -