Chapter 25: Are you seeing someone?

"Probably not, but it would get him out of the house and distracted. He probably just mopes around the house thinking about her, being all sad and depressed. We need to fix that."

"How do you know he'd be acting like that?" I've never in my life seen Parker mope around, but maybe this would be a first.

"For starters, I've been his best friend for 10 years, so I know everything about him. Plus, I'm a guy, it's what guys do when they get rejected by a girl. Well, it's either that or sleep with a bunch of other girls, but I liked to think Parker would go with the first option."

"But why not the second option? He's already a player, so that one would make more sense," I said.

"Maybe, but Parker is much different than he appears at school. For instance, he's actually very sensitive. I once caught him crying while watching the Notebook."

I snorted, but covered it up with a cough. "Parker watched the Notebook?"

"Yeah, and Titanic, and The Princess Bride. And he cried for all of them." We were both laughing our asses off. I was not expecting that from Parker. Something to tease him about later. Scottie just unknowingly added another weapon to my arsenal of comebacks against his best friend.

"Alright, I think I should get going. My mom's probably wondering where I am," Scottie stated. "You'll be at school tomorrow, right?" he asked me.

"Yup!" I exclaimed. He said goodbye and left.

This was very exciting. My first boyfriend, and he was a guy like Scottie. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect first boyfriend. It was even cuter considering we both had secret crushes on each other for years.

With a happy smile on my face, I walked into the kitchen to help only to find that the food was ready and everyone was sitting at the dining room table. "Finally," Parker grumbled.

Sighing, I sat down and everyone began to dig in. I guess they were all waiting for me to come back before they ate.

The dinner was very good, but everyone was very silent. Parker didn't even try teasing me. He must've been really hungry.

Once my plate was cleared, I helped wash the dishes with Parker's mother before leaving to go home. I was already stretching it by staying for dinner, and I didn't want my mom to had think they kidnapped me.

His parents were actually very nice, and I felt bad for the way things were between our grandparents. They seemed to be very genuine people, not hiding any emotions. They kept smiling and asking me questions about school and friends.

I wonder if I can parent trap my parents and Parker's to sit in one room with each other and talk out their differences. Maybe then they won't hate each other as much.

My mom informed me when I got home that Sophia and Stephen were up in my room waiting for me. Apparently they needed to talk to me about something.

OH! Sophia probably found out who he was dating and wanted to tell me together. Wait, but I thought she wanted to wait.

But, maybe she wants me to use this chance to ambush him and ask him who he's been texting this entire time with that stupid smile on his face.

Yeah, that's it.

The moment I walked in my room, my eyes landed on Stephen sitting on my bed looking a little annoyed. When they saw me walk in, Stephen shot up and walked over to me. This was it, this was my chance to ask.

"Are you seeing someone?"

We both looked at each other and shut up.