Kabanata 30

Hindi na ako nagenroll para sa second semester, alam at tanggap ko kasi na hanggang dito na lang. Wala na akong ibang magagawa kung ‘di ang tanggapin na lang.

I guess that I will spend some of my remaining days here in our condo unit with the people who truly cares for me. Those people are the reason why I’m still holding on. They didn’t want to lose me. I didn’t want to lose myself either, but there’s nothing left to do.

“Hey…”I saw Paulo standing and smiling on me. I came closer and hugged him tight. I’m cherishing every moment with him.

“Miss me?”I chuckled.

“Always,”he’s holding back his tears so I grinned for him to feel better. I guess that it’s working.

“I got something for you, Yvaine. Can we go somewhere?”his voice is tearing my up, I bit my lower lip so I can hold back my tears and then I nodded.

Nagpalit lang ako ng damit at saka kami umalis ni Paulo. Wala akong idea kung saan kami pupunta. Yssa is with Charles, may date kasi sila ngayon. Si kuya naman ay may pasok kaya wala rin siya. It’s just me and Paulo heading to that somewhere.

“Where are we going?”I asked him out of my curiosity

“Somewhere,”he chuckled. I will miss those laughs of him.

“You haven’t told me yet your favorite place, doon sana tayo pupunta.”I looked at him and smiled.

“I love you, Pau.”I said and then I saw him sobbing again. Iyon ang salita na kapag sinasabi ko dati ay ngumingiti siya, pero ngayon ay iyon na ang nagiging dahilan kung bakit siya nasasaktan.

He held my hand resting on my knees.

“I will always love you, Yvaine.”

We end up at the beach here at Batangas, nandito na naman kami. The calm of the waves made my heart happy. I was holding his hands while we’re walking in the sand.

I guess that sunset is part of my life. I guess that I met Paulo because destiny wants me to realize that sunset is like our lovestory. That endings can be beautiful too.

“This is my favorite place, Yvaine.”he said and I saw those candles around us.

Meron din mga petals ng roses sa buhangin. He was holding my hands tight while his eyes are on me.

“Because I bought this beach resort.”

“You did that? Why?”I almost dropped my jaw.

“Because this place will reminds me of you…”I held my breath when he dropped on his knees.

“Paulo…”

“Yvaine Dominique Fontanilla, I know the first time we both saw each other was so fucking epic. But every time you’re saving me from falling apart, I knew that you were the one... You made me so happy to the point where I already forgot the pain and heartbreaks that I felt in the past. I love how you mess-up with me. I love how you make me piss. I love every single day that I am with you…”

“I love you, Yvaine. Where I want to spend my life with you. You are the only person who didn’t give up on me despite of my imperfection and flaws. You accept me for who I am and you love me even I wasn’t deserve to be loved..  I know that we’re not perfect, we fight and we argue. But in the end of the day, it’s still you... When the sun set and the moon shines, it’s still you. It’s always you who I want to spend my forever with.”

I couldn’t see him clearly anymore because of my tears.

“We stayed on each other’s side when things are falling apart. We make each other’s happy when we’re drowning by our thoughts and what-ifs. I guess that was enough reason to live our life together. I know that I will lose you soon, but I want to marry you. I want to marry you because that is the reason why I asked you to be my girlfriend.”

He took the small box from his pocket and he opened it in the front of me.

“Our friends and family are watching us from the cottage. I already asked for you mother’s permission and she said yes. I prayed yesterday for your father’s permission, I guess he said yes din. I asked you’re kuya, he didn’t hesitate to say yes because he also wants the best for you. Yssa said yes din. And lastly, I asked God if I can marry you. I already promised him that I will love you and didn’t make decision where it could hurt you.”

I saw mommy with kuya standing on the cottage, watching us. Nandoon din iyong mga kaibigan at pamilya ni Paulo. I saw Yssa crying, I know that she’s happy for me.

“Yvaine Dominique Fontanilla, will you marry me?”

"Yes,"