Kabanata 38

“I know that there’s still a chance left, doc. Please do everything for her…”I am begging in the front of the doctor to save Yvaine.

“We can still try the surgery, but I can’t promise you that I can bring her back to life in case something happens”she explained.

“I know that you will do everything… I trust you, doc”I said as my tears are kept on flowing.

“You need to fill up some forms. So, we can ready the operating room…”she said before walking away from us.

“Paulo…”tinawag ako ng kuya ni Yvaine.

“Do you think that she can survive another operation?”he asked.

I guess that I am the only one who’s holding on in the fact that she will not die. Ako na lang ang naniniwala na gagaling siya…

"If you want to give up on her, I understand. But I won’t. I know how to keep my words”I said then I entered the ICU where Yvaine is fighting for her life.

It hurts seeing her like this. I hate seeing Yvaine suffering. I just want to give up like how her family is giving up to end her pain. I don’t want her to feel the pain, but I can’t lose her. Hindi ko pa kaya.

“Yvaine... I talked to the doctor…”I bpw down so she can’t see that I’m so close to give up on her.

“The best way we can do right now it to cherish every seconds of your life. However, you can still undergo surgery pero hindi sigurado kung masusurvive mo… I’m gonna lose you and I hate it. I hate that I didn’t try to save you. I hate the fact that I’m gonna lose the girl who stayed at my worst…”

I hate it when she’s still smiling even those tears are kept on falling. I know that in a minute I will lose her and I still don’t know how to say that I’m giving up.

“Hindi ko na kaya, Pau…”

“Huwag muna, Yvaine”

“I love you, Paulo”

I hate goodbyes. I fucking hate losing the only person who loved me at my worst.

"Lumaban ka para sa akin, Yvaine. I love you too, but please hold on?”I am begging on her to hold on.

I still want her here.

Huwag muna siya kunin sa akin.

Huwag muna siyang mawala, please?

“You don’t deserve the star, Paulo. You deserve the moon or maybe the galaxy. Or you deserve both”

I prefer the star rather than the whole Galaxy. One star for me is enough.

“Yvaine…”

“Do you still remember when you’re always asking me what’s my favorite place?”I can see through her eyes that she can’t manage the pain anymore.

Parang pinapahirapan ko siya na lumaban kahit gusto na niya magpahinga.

“Beside you, Paulo. Beside you is my favorite place”

Silence.

“In another lifetime, Paulo… In another lifetime, you and I will be together and no one can pull us apart. I love you, Paulo. You are the best husband because you stayed until the end. I didn’t regret that I marry you because that was the best day of my life”

“I love you too, Yvaine… I will always love you…”

I was sorry for myself that I didn’t do everything to save her.

“Can I rest now, Pau?”

I kissed her on her forehead before letting her rest.

“Are you ready to let me go?”

Patuloy lang ang pagiling at pagtulo ng luha sa mga mata ko.

“Are you ready to lose me?”

“Pahinga ka na…”I said.

Hindi na yata ako magiging masaya...