Kabanata 39

Two years later

I was smiling like a stupid guy while I’m starring at her. I couldn’t help myself not to smile as I watched her nervously walking in the aisle. She’s so beautiful in white and she’s making my heart skip a beat.

I couldn’t take my eyes off her. I couldn’t imagine that I can still be happy after what happened before.

“I can’t imagine that you’ll getting married again, Paulo”Ryker said. He’s the best man I always have.

The saddest thing in life is saying goodbye to the person you want to spend your life with. But sad endings can also be a great start. A new beginning of what has been lost.

“Pau, I know that you’ve been through a lot this past few years but because you’re strong, you’ve made it. You lost a friend, but I promise to be your crying shoulder every time you’ll remember what happen in the past. I promise to wipe those tears when you’re sad. I promise that I will stay on your side through good times and bad. You saw me as a galaxy, yet I saw you like a star. You always shine bright in the darkest times.”her vows are making me cry.

“Thank you for being my friend, my best buddy, my crying shoulder and my strength. I am forever grateful that we met. Who would have thought that I will end up with a girl I ignored on our first time we met?”we both chuckled while my eyes are filled with tears.

“I will love you today, tomorrow and every day. I won’t give up on us. I love you so much”

“Do you, Paulo Nicolaj Medina, take Yvaine Dominique Fontanilla to be your wife?”I looked at her and smiled

“I do,”she rolled her eyes then smiled.

“Do you, Yvaine Dominique Fontanilla, take Paulo Nicolaj Medina as your husband?”

“I do,”

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!”I’ve been waiting for so long to marry this girl again.

I kissed her and I can still hear my friends cheering for us.

“Thank God you didn’t give up on me”she said. I can’t help my self not to kiss her again.

“Taking care of you is in our first wedding”I mumbled his nose and then she laughed.

I love hearing those laughs again. I held her hands while we’re walking out of the church.

“I can’t believe that I am marrying the man of my dreams for the second time”she said when we rode the car goiong to our reception.

“Do you want me to marry you for the third time?”I laughed. “Beach wedding, done. Church wedding, done. Saan mo gusto magpakasal?”

“Sa’yo ko lang gusto ikasal”he caressed his right hand on my face. “I love you, Paulo”

“I love you too, Mrs. Medina”
And again, I made her blush.

“Funny how love works. I remember saying what if it’s not to you before when I’m about to give up on our relationship.”I looked at her.

“What if it’s not us?”she asked as she placed her head on my chest. I dropped my arm on her shoulder, pulling her closer to me.

“Stop thinking about what-ifs, Yvaine.  I am willing to trade everything for us to collide in the end if it’s not us”

This might sound like so dramatic, but I realized that when you really love someone you can do impossible things in life. Giving up isn’t the best way to end someone’s suffering.

Giving up is easy, but trying to fix things is better. It’s a relief that I made a right choice. Thank God that I met Galaxia who made me realize that is okay to try, but I lost her.

I lost a friend because of an accident. Funny how life works.

“You’re being so dramatic”she said while laughing.

I love hearing those laughs.

“So, how many kids?”things change, I love teasing her right now.

“You should be a doctor first”she said then she rolled her eyes. I love making those eyes rolled.

“Okay, my CEO”

“Then let’s build our own hospital. So, you and your friends can still hang-out together”maybe I love discussing our future together. 

“I’m so excited to see you become a doctor, Paulo!”

“Damn, Yvaine. You’re always making me feel so special. What about you? What do you want to do?”I asked her.

“My happiness is making you happy, remember?”I am kissing her like there’s no more tomorrow. She’s drowned by my kisses and we’re catching each other’s breath.

“Thank God, it’s us”

---The End---