Kabanata 37

“I heard you’re dating a new girl, Paulo.”I smiled when Mommy mentioned that. Daddy looked at me and gave me a huge smile. “Who is she?”

“She’s my favorite, star, ma.”

I can’t help myself not to smile when people are talking about me and Yvaine.

“She’s always making me happy.”I said.

“She bought a concert ticket and we both watch Ben&Ben."

“That’s your favorite band, ‘di ba?”I nodded and kept on smiling like a crazy man.

“I am happy that you already moved-on from Khallie…”mood change when mommy mentioned Khallie’s name.

Bakit ba may kirot pa rin kapag binabanggit ang pangalan niya?

“Can we not talk about her anymore?”I politely asked.

Mommy smiled and nodded. “You and Khallie are still friends, right?”

“Of course, ma”

Hindi naman mababago iyon. Mukhang iyon lang naman kasi ang papel ko sa buhay niya, bilang isang kaibigan.

“Just follow the things that can make you happy, Paulo”

“I wanna make Yvaine the happiest person in the world like how she makes me happy.”I said.

I don’t know why am I feeling weird when I’m thinking about her. Parang kapag usapang Yvaine, sobrang seryoso ko. I’ve never been more serious in love in my whole life.

Hindi ko alam kung ano’ng meron kay Yvaine at nagkakaganito ako.

“We should thank her for making you happy despite of what happened in the past.”I looked at daddy and smiled. I love it when they are starting to like my girl, Yvaine.

“We badly want to meet her, pero hindi talaga nagmamatch iyong schedule namin ng mommy mo.”

“That’s okay, dad. You’ll meet her soon.”and I can’t wait for that day.

****

“Paulo…”I turned around and then I saw Khallie smiling at me.

“Bakit ka nandito?”I asked her then I looked at the view. This is my favorite thing to do, watch the sunset.

“I heard that you and Yve had a fight…”I looked at her, she looked at me. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know why is she here.

“Narinig ko lang iyon kay kuya,”

Silence.

“Ako ba iyong rason?”Khallie is so innocent. Kahit hindi naman siya iyong inaway ay siya pa iyong lalapit para makiusap na ayusin ang nasira.

This is one of the reasons why I can’t let her go. She’s so kind and soft-hearted.

I nodded. “I’m good at pushing people away from me. But you know? She’s different, different in a good way.”

I don’t know why I’m smiling right now while looking at the sunset. Am I happy because I’m watching my favorite view or I’m happy because I’m talking about Yvaine? I really don’t know.

“I know that you’re matured enough to fix what you broke.”and in the end of the day even we hurt each other, funny that we still have each other’s back.