Part #23-The Job Offer 2

Tommy had slept in Technos room since he was leaving for New York in the morning. He felt the bed shift and opened his eyes to find his brother getting up.

"Where are you going...?"

"Tommy, did I wake you up? I'm sorry," Techno looked at him, an air of uneasiness surrounding him, "Go back to sleep, ok?"

Tommy sat up, "where are you going? You're not leaving now, are you?"

"No, I'm just going for a walk. I'll be back before you know it," Techno ruffled the boy's hair, "Now get to sleep, I don't want a sleepy Tommy when I leave."

Tommy laid back down and Techno waited until he fell asleep before leaving the house. He left the car and just started walking. He stopped every once in a while to say goodbye to a memorable place, the park his brothers played in, the cafe they went to when it got cold, and finally, their high school. He was going to miss driving Tommy to school every morning. With a sigh, he started on his way home.

He saw Wil on the roof and went to join him, "What's up Smoke Boy."

Wil set down a bottle of beer and exhaled smoke, "Might as well enjoy our last night."

Techno took the bottle, "Might as well."

They sat in silence, Wil exhaling every few minutes and Techno nursing the bottle till it was empty.

Techno was going to miss nights like this.