Chapter Four: Wolfsbane

Kaelynn

Avery has been showing me around the house. Nobody else is around so she tells me the top-secret information like the different training areas in the gardens for the pack. The fields bring up memories of training with Father.

I come back to reality when she chuckles telling me how they have adjusted the training for the week to hide the wolves from me. I feel relaxed as soon as she says this, Ayden still thinks I'm human! But wait a minute, something doesn't add up.

"Why would the pack train here in the gardens?" I ask Avery anticipating the worst.

"Oh, well Ayden is the Alpha of the Grey Moon Pack! Mark is his Gamma." She sounds so excited and proud when she says this but for me, it is a nightmare.

This is the worst! I am mated to an Alpha and of course it had to be the Alpha of the most aggressive pack in the Kingdom. My heart starts beating erratically and my palms are getting sweaty. I will have a fate worse than death if he finds out who I am.

"Hey," Avery is nudging me. "You have nothing to worry about. Nobody is going to find out about you, I promise."

I start calming down and hope she is right. I am so grateful for Avery keeping my secret, it must be so hard for her to hide it from Mark. I begin to wonder if I should tell her about Ayden. I can trust her but I don't want to give her something else to lie to Mark about.

Avery continues and shows me the room that I'll be staying in. I'm relieved it's not Aiden's room again.

"Make yourself comfortable and I will go and get you some clothes!"

Avery disappears and I take the opportunity to call Doctor Finn to give him a piece of my mind.

"Mr Jarod Finn! How could you leave me behind like this?!"

"Excuse me, Kaelynn. Who told you to drink so much that night?"

God, I hate that he is right. I have bought this on myself.

"Sorry Doctor, I guess it is sort of my fault."

"Don't worry. This will be a good opportunity for you to experience being an in-house doctor and you'll get to spend some time with your friend. I honestly couldn't say no to her when she asked to let you stay!"

I know what Jarod means; Avery could sell snow to Eskimos. Something about her makes it very difficult to deny her requests. I feel sorry for Mark, he must never get his way! I laugh at the thought.

Jarod tells me he will pick me up on Monday before he puts down the phone. I just have to survive one week of avoiding my mate.

I can do that right?

---

"Hey babe, you ready for the movie?" Mark says moving to Avery to lift her up and give her a big kiss.

They look like they are so in love. It's a beautiful sight to see. It makes me jealous that I will never be able to have that. Mark sits down next to Avery, leaving Ayden to come over and sit next to me.

Why do I have to be sat so close next to my mate. I move right to the edge of the couch as far away from Ayden as possible. Looking at the distance between us, I wonder if I am acting suspicious.

"Are you really comfortable like that, Kaelynn?" Ayden smirks, almost as if he is tempting me to come closer.

"I'm fine, thank you." I reply abruptly.

"Ayden is right, make yourself comfortable! This is going to be a long movie." Avery says from across the room and I know she is right so I move closer.