Opening

Enjoy!

Ember glared heatedly at her target after shooting a perfect deadshot. She was about to reload when the door slam open, she looked back slightly to see Vitani walking up to her.

"What"

She said simply.

"You might want to hear this"

Vitani said holding up her phone on speaker. Ember raised an eyebrow slightly before listening into it. She could hear the conversation of the turtles and Nova. Ember looked to her sister.

"Did you bugged her phone or all of ours?"

"It's the good thing I did, now shut up and listen"

Ember glared at her before listening to the phone.

*Lair*

"Nova not that I care but I was just wondering, what's the deal with Ember? I mean I haven't seen her coming over here at all"

Leo asked as he sat across from Nova while Donnie was fixing up his second cup of coffee.

"No reason"

"When I first met her, she seem kind of cold"

"She wasn't always like that"

Nova said sadly.

"Can you tell me?"

"I can't, she'll have my head"

"Then you can blame it on me say that I forced it out of you"

Nova let out a sigh as she looked down at the table in front of her.

"It was because of this guy, she fell in love with him and she told him everything of everything and the next thing we know he's telling reporters and was harassing her. She believed she can trust him but he was a monster. Dad was able to capture him and have his memory erase about Ember, but Ember was the one left with those tragic memories. So now she keeps her distance from everyone, including us. Her only concern is completing the missions and being the best of the best. That's why Dad is so hesitating about anyone dating"

Nova explained. Leo was about to comment until the sound of a slam came from the entrance. Leo, Donnie and Nova looked in surprise to see Ember staring at them angrily with a glare and she made her way into the turtles home and walking straight up to Nova.

"You have no business telling anyone about my past!"

She yelled. Nova cringed.

"Wait, how did....did you bugged my phone?"

She asked.

"Don't change the subject"

"Leonardo just wanted to know, I didn't see the harm..."

But Ember angrily cut her off.

"You know for a smart person, you really have dumb moments. All brain and no heart. Keep my past out of your mouth and that's a warning"

She said as she turned away.

"I crossed a line. I'm sorry"

Nova said sadly putting her head down.

"Whatever"

She said before walking out of the lair leaving everyone in silence.

*Area 51; Target Practice*

After the confrontation, Ember made her way back to the shooting range and continue to shoot until she let her anger out. Three hours passed until she heard someone come in. Ember put her gun down as she turned around to see Nova.

"Look I'm here because I want to say I'm sorry. I was reckless about your feelings and...."

Ember remained silent as she continue to glare at her.

"Shut up. You think you have this all figured out. Just because some cute guy likes the same bizarro crap you do, that doesn't make him your soulmate! No matter how many books you read, there's some things in this world that you will never ever, ever, ever fuckin understand!"

She yelled. Nova remained silent as tears fell as she quietly walked out of the room. Ember let out a sad sigh after letting everything out.

'Damn it'

She thought angrily as she knew she let her anger get the best of her. She quickly put her gun away and headed to the direction where she knew Nova would be. She soon came up to a door and heard crying which caused her heart to break as she closed her eyes sadly before opening the door and closing it behind her. Ember made her way to the bed where Nova was crying having her legs pulled to her chest as she buried her face into her hands.

"Nova..."

Ember said gently but Nova cut her off.

"Am I living in a fairytale?"

"No. No your not, you were just living your dream and I stump on it. An for that I'm sorry"

Nova lift up her head before immediately embracing Ember who return the tight hug. After a while they soon pulled away.

"But there is one thing I want to know"

Ember said.

"What?"

"Why did Leo wanted to know about me?"

"I honestly think because he likes you and that's why he wanted to know more about you"

Nova gasp in shock, she never thought she would see a light blush on Ember's face.

"Do you like him?"

She asked. Ember looked away blushing brightly.

"When I first saw him but that's why I'm keeping my distance, I don't want to fall in love"

"But that's life and who knows maybe Leo would be better for you"

"What did he say when I left?"

"He said he would talk to you but for that you would need to come to him"

"I'll think about it"

"Okay and one more thing, did you bugged my phone?"

She asked with a raised eyebrow. Ember giggled which was a surprise to Nova once again because after what happen in the past Ember stopped laughing, blushing and smiling but now Nova is starting to see her old sister returning back to her normal self.

"It was Vitani"

"I knew it"

*In Another Room*

"Are they okay now?"

Matilda asked looking to Vitani who was listening to her phone. Vitani grinned at her sister.

"Oh yeah, they'll be fine"

"You know Dad is gonna have your head if he finds out you bugged our phones"

"That's why no one is gonna tell him"

She said before handing Matilda her favorite smoothie. Matilda squeal.

"Tell him about what?"

She asked jokingly.

"Exactly"

Vitani smirk.

A/N Rate and Comment