suguru x reader

so uhm, out of my interest in the character and someone's request for one, i decided to write a suguru oneshot.

anyway, enjoy :)

------------------

    Our school's volleyball team get called names by their very weird tactics, and I've heard about them ever since I first got into this school. I'm the manager, and sometimes they'd need my opinions but they completely ignore it.

    The captain of the snakes, Suguru Daishou, is a classmate of mine and he is somehow.. how should I say this? ...Weird. I don't mean to offend the man but, that's how I think of him, because of some reason.

    Today's just the usual, their training starts with stretching and laps. I'm filling their bottles while they do that. I also got involved with the coach about some things considering the team. They said that they need to improve themselves for the match, Nekoma.. Itachiyama.. Fukurodani..

    "(Y/n), the tactic.. just once??" The coach begs, clasping his hands together. What is he? A child? "I get why you don't want them to use it but to them.. it's like the only way they could get out of trouble." Won't they get in trouble because of it?

    "I just think that they should do other tactics that are less..." I say, my voice getting more quiet as I tried thinking of what I should be saying. "I don't like hearing them get called cheaters, and it's not a clean tactic either.."

    "I understand." He sounds so down. Someone help me.

    "Maybe we could try having the boys practice a different way...?" He looked at me, he's so confused. "Maybe uhm.."

    I look up, calming down a bit when I saw Suguru beside me. His hand's on my head. "Coach, I think she means...." 

    Why can I not hear whatever he's saying? I'm still just staring at his face, but why? He's smiling and laughing with the coach, and he.. he brought his hand down, but his arm went around my shoulders. He pulled me closer.. he's still laughing with coach.

    "(Y/n)?" He knocked on my forehead, and I just realized how close his face was. I ended up headbutting him. "O-Ow.. what the hell was that for?" His forehead's red now.

    "S-Sorry, your face was too close." He looked at me in disbelief, groaning as he rubbed his forehead. "D-Do you need ice? I'll get ice.." I tried walking away but he grabbed my wrist, shaking his head.

    "I'm fine, just don't take people by surprise." Coming from you?

    He went back to do the drills with the others, leaving me alone with coach. The coach has a smug look on his face, it's like he's going to blackmail me with something. I want to live, don't take me away from my family..

    I watched them quietly, and took note of their new tactics.. or if there were anything new. I'm still avoiding eye contact Suguru, I can still remember how close his face was to mine. I thought that I was already used to having his face that close.. I'm not yet used to it, never.

    Being a manager is hard, if the captain's out of himself when the coach is not around, they expect you to take over. I'm not the best at solving their problems, though I did use to play the sport.. I just never was the one who does the solving. I'm just you know..

    But, if I approach them as a friend then.. I could possibly cheer them up. That's all that I could do. I don't have any other way to help them but that. I'm nothing more than just a friend and a manager to them anyway, it's the best that I could offer.