18

"We haven't been here in such a long time." I said as I leaned back on the bed, spreading my arms and legs.

Every time we snuck into the room of requirement, we always made it out to be my bedroom in the house I grew up with. We did that once because I had a double bed and we wanted to have sex in a bed that wasn't those small ones in the dormitories, so after we just continued using my room.

"I love this bed. It's so comfy." I said as I rolled onto my stomach and closed my eyes. "I could fall asleep right now."

I felt the mattress sink as Fred sat on the edge of it and it made me open my eyes again so I could look at him.

"Alright." I breathed, then sat up and folded my legs on the bed. "Drink up so we can have this conversation."

The opened the vial that he was holding in his hands and hesitated before he threw his head back and drank it. Meanwhile, I studied his jawline and his throat. The way his Adam's apple bobbed when he swallowed, the way his eyes were focused on the ceiling as he drank the liquid.

"Fuck." I cursed, my eyes widening when I realized I just said that out loud when I wasn't meant to. Fred removed the vial from his lips and looked at me.

"What?" He cocked an eyebrow and leaned over, placing the now empty vial on the nightstand.

"Nothing." I breathed. "Alright. Let me test this before I ask the tough questions."

He turned his body towards me, folding his legs on the bed just like I had done.

"Who won the game of wizarding chess in our fourth year on eater here in the castle?" I asked.

This would show me if it worked or not. I had won but he quickly destroyed the evidence and since then, he's told everyone that he was the one who won.

"You did." He sighed with a roll of his eyes. "Can't believe that's what you decided to ask."

"Well, you've refused to say the truth about it for three years." I shrugged. "On to the real questions."

Fred tilted his head like he did when he was focused on listening when someone else talked. This was going to be awkward. I was going to ask questions about when he cheated on me and he had no choice but to tell the truth. I was honestly terrified if he told me something that would break me even more than seeing him kiss her.

I looked down, my eyebrows coming together in a frown when I tried coming up with something to ask first. There was so many things but I didn't know where to start. As I played with the rings in my fingers, moving them around, I let out a sigh.

"Alright... uh, you told me you didn't sleep with her. Was that true?"

"Yes." He said and when I looked at him, he nodded. "You're still the only one I've ever slept with."

Wish I could say the same.

"Why did you lie?" I asked. "Back in May? You said you slept with her."

"No." He shook his head as he leaned back on his hands, eyes focused on me. "I never said her and I had sex. You asked me if we had and I didn't respond. You just took that as a yes."

That wasn't how I remembered it. I remembered him nodding... but then again, he was unable to lie right now so I must've been the one to get it wrong.

"Oh." I muttered. "I'm sorry. Now I feel so stupid. I've been accusing you off—"

"Don't go soft on me." He told me. "I still kissed her so don't start forgiving me because what I did was still wrong and it still counts as cheating."