9

"Alright— Crane what are you doing? Doe get down! Dendron, Twig. Stop making out. Where the hell is Striker? Pegas... you're actually..."

Cedric frowned at me as I sat in the grass and waited for him to gain control over the rest of the team. Nate and Callie were making out in the grass a few feet from us, Crane was running around, escaping from some bug that was bugging him. I pressed my lips together at the joke I made in my head but shook it away. Okay... then there was Seth. He was flying around on his broom and Melba hadn't shown up.

"You're usually just as annoying as the rest of your friends." Cedric said and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, well. I'm trying not to cry, y'know."

He raised an eyebrow but then looked towards the castle where Melba came running in her uniform, wand in hand.

"I have a message from Sprout!" She called out and at her voice, Seth got back down on the earth while Callie and Nate broke apart, then slowly made their way back to us. Nick was still running around, screaming like a little school girl as the bug chased him. Melba reached us and threw her wand in the grass before leaning forward to place her hands on her knees as she panted heavily.

"You're out of breath?" Cedric asked. "Unbelievable. We can't have a beater who's out of breath from running a little."

"Oh shut up." Melba snapped. "Sprout says Gryffindor needs the pitch today."

"Seriously?!" I raised my voice. "Why are Gryffindor taking everything away from us?"

Cedric looked down at me with a questioning look before he shook his head. "Don't make this about your breakup with Weasley."

He looked at Melba. "I wrote Hufflepuff on the schedule. We have the pitch today."

"Yes, and we do but we have to share it with Gryffindor." Melba said. "Apparently Ron Weasley made the team as a keeper and he needs extra training before their match at the start of November."

"Right. We share. That's no issue, right?" Callie asked.

"No. It's not." Cedric shook his head. "Crane, get over here!"

Nick let out a shriek in response and Cedric sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "Alright. No, there's no issue. As long as we still get to practice, I think it's fair. Now, seeing as Striker here turned up twenty minutes too late and out of breath, I need you all to do rounds. Not on brooms, no. Today we'll focus on your form so give me ten rounds around the pitch."

"You're joking... right?" Seth asked. "Ten rounds? I'm not a bloody horse. I'll be able to run half a round and then I'll be out of breath."

"Which we need to change." Cedric said. "How you six made the team, is truly a wonder. Now get going. I'll be running too."

I pulled myself to my feet and as we started running the laps, the Gryffindor team showed up. I ran next to Seth and I tried to keep my focus on him and not look at Fred. I hadn't talked to him since I left that night I got naked in his dormitory. He saw my nipples and those he hasn't seen since we were together.

"I'm hungry." Seth spoke. "Are you hungry? I could really use a burger right now."

"I'm hungry!" Nick shouted as he caught up with us, running on my other side. "I would like some pizza."

"We can go get some food when we're finished with practice." Nate said as he and Callie passed us. They always did that. Those two loved outshining us with how fast they can run.

"I'm not really hungry." I said. "I think I ate too much dinner."

"You always eat too much dinner." Nick said and seconds later, he slowed down, letting himself fall into the grass as he was out of breath already.