CBHM1 - Conference Room

CHAPTER I

JENNIE

Few people are waiting at the conference room right now here in the Manoban's Company, our company. Today is the scheduled interview for the updates to my Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban that has been missing for almost three months in a row now.

Halos buong biyahe kanina papuntang city and to the main company makes me sweats and nervous at the same time. It's been a while when I went outside the village and it's been a while when camera will be focused on me later.

Outside the conference room. Me, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim Manoban wife of the CEO is waiting for the signal where when I have to enter the room. Chaeng and Jisoo is uncomfortable and uneasy because they are worried about me today. They know they can't control the media later even they were informed about the questions they want to ask.

"Jennie. Are you really okay with this interview? We can tell them that your not okay with it. It's your decision and they can't do anything about it." Chaeng ask me and I just smiled at her. It's been a month since I avoided those interviews and other related to Lisa. I just want to escape from them and I don't want to witness them being me especially in my vulnerable state.

"It's fine Chae. Besides it's my decision right to give them a chance to ask me and us about her. Then this is it now. Hindi naman pwedeng palagi tayong umiwas sa mga bagay na alam nating sa huli ay may sakit na dulot sa atin. Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

Chaeng smiled at me even she's freaking nervous right now. I can tell and feel that. She's one of my best of friends afterall. Yeah we've been hiding the press and media about Lisa's information about being kidnapped this passed few months.

"We have to go Jennie. It's time." Jisoo informed us because it's the time to goes inside the conference room now.

I sighed deeply and stand to my seat. On the other hand Chae supported me and guide me. All of them are being paranoid in terms of my state state right now.

When the two guards open the door for us. I hold Chaeng's arm and Chae just smiled at me para sabihing nandito lang ito sa tabi ko.

The conference that are quiet became active when the three of us finally goes inside the conference room and all of the media's stand from their seat to greet us. Flashes of camera had also flickering in the conference room. All camera are on focus on us like they don't want to miss a mistake coming from us now.

Jisoo unnie didn't go in her company to be with me right now. And I owe her a lot for that. Alam kong ramdam nitong kailangan ko ng mga makakasangga ngayong umaga. Our friends can't accompany us because they have their own work.

When everything is okay and I seated at the chair right now and a long table infront of us that have a different mic's on it. I saw Jisoo unnie gave a signal to the MC in the corner.

I compose myself first before finally speak infront of this people.

"Hello. Good morning to all of us. I am Jennie Ruby Jane Kim Manoban. The wife of Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban who's had been missing for almost three months now. I just want to tell you that. Hindi pa namin nahahanap kung nasaan man si Lisa. We tried to investigate and to find her but we failed but we didn't stop from finding her until she came back. I know everyone has been wanted to know this all but she's still missing and the reward is still available. Kung sino man ang nakakaalam ng kung sino ang gumawa nito sa kanya and where she is right now. Please contact us." I said and wait for them to ask.

"Good morning Mrs. Manoban. Do you have a lead or a suspect sa pagkawala ni Miss Manoban?" The first reporter ask me.

"We have. But it's hard to pinpoint to someone if we don't have a hard evidence on it. We're still working on it and if that person is the person who's been the master mind of this kidnapping to Lisa. Hindi ako magdadalawang isip na ipakulong ito agad sa kulungan habang buhay."