Hoodie - Pierre Gasly

Carefully you looked around the house that you didn't know. Around you people were chatting away and laughed at stories you didn't get because you weren't listening. You put a small smile on your lips and shuffled your way through the bodies. You looked at your friends dancing away while you sipped on your glass of gin tonic. You were hoping to get a cosy and calm evening with your friends in your little French apartment but after your friends got to know a group of French boys, your hopes were shattered. A few drinks at the beach led to a party at one of the boys' house. Loud music blasted through the speakers and your head was hurting from the beat. Your grip on your glass tightened while you tried to escape without anyone noticing. A few steps through the living room brought you to a garden. The music was dulled down. It felt like an eternity since you last took a breath. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. The air felt fresh in your lungs. After a few moments you felt much clearer already and slowly made your way through the garden. You hummed to yourself while you carefully grazed your fingers over the roses. Around the corner you found the small pool. You took off your sandals and took a seat on the side, letting your feed swirl around in the water. The sun started to settle and the world around you turned in soft pink and red colours. You closed your eyes and started to relax for the first time today. The little bubble around you popped when you heard a voice behind you. "Are you okay?" a French accent asked and made you jump. You nearly lost it and fell forward in the water. A warm hand on your shoulder helped you to keep your balance. "I'm sorry. I didn't meant to scare you" he said again and kneeled beside you. Your heart was racing and you slowly turned around a bit just to see striking blue eyes with a handsome face and a worried expression.

"I'm.. I'm yeah. Everything's fine" you breathed out and threw the hair out of your face. "Okay. You were gone for a while. I just wanted to check" he nodded and planted himself next to you. You nodded as well as you observed his moves and looked back at the water. The sky painted itself darker and darker every minute and you watched the last remaining part of the sun disappear on the horizon. "Can I get you anything do drink maybe? I mean. It's a party" the guy said and turned to you. You looked over your shoulder and nodded. "Yeah. Just a gin tonic please". "Perfect. Do you have a jacket? It's pretty cold already don't you think?" he asked and made his way to the house. "I didn't bring one with me. It's okay" you ensured him and got up as well, making your way to a bench. You watched your friends and everyone inside the house screaming and dancing until you heard how someone opened the door again. The boy came back to you and sat next to you. "Here. Took me some time through all these people" he smiled at you. "Yeah, I bet" you answered and took a sip from your new drink. The coldness made you shiver but you tried your best to hide it. Unsuccessfully. "Here take that. I brought it with me for a reason" the guy smiled again and handed you a black Givenchy hoodie. You opened your mouth to protest but you were freezing like crazy. So you thanked him and threw the hoodie on. It smelled like perfume and made you feel cosy instantly. You leaned back, pulled the sleeves over your hands and smiled at him. From that second on, you were on the same level. You talked about everything and anything. You held a monologue about your love for painting and drawing and he held a monologue about his love for fast cars and racing. You smacked his arm slightly after bringing up that you should do the titanic drawing scene with him and laughed so loud like you haven't in a very long time. You wiped a little laugh-tear away and looked at your phone. It was 3 am already. You pulled your lip between your teeth and stood up. "I should really get going. I want to get up early to go to the beach again" you said and looked at him. "Oh. Okay. I get that. Don't worry. Should I bring you home?" he asked and stood up. You declined but he insisted. You didn't bother to look for your friends. You just send them a text and made your way outside. You were more than happy to have his giant hoodie around you as you started the short walk. Nobody said a word. But it was a comfortable silence. From time to time your arm touched his and you felt warm inside. Once you reached your little house you turned around on the porch. "Thank you. You didn't had to do that" you smiled a little and reached for the bottom of the hoodie. But you stopped as you felt a warm hand on yours. "Keep it. It's a reason to see you again" he said and winked a little. You laughed quietly and put a strand of hair behind your ear. "That was pretty smooth". "Thank you. Took me long time to figure it out" he joked and smiled at you. "What's your name? We never talked about it. I'm Pierre". You turned the key around, looked over your shoulder and pulled all your confident together. "Nice to meet you, Pierre. I'll tell you mine the next time". You saw his eyebrows rising while you laughed a little and closed the door.