Chapter 7: A-UA Tournament & Vanguard Debut

3rd POV:

Today is the day that Izuku and the Vanguard take aim at all of the top spots of the championship for the A-UA tournament. This tournament is a battle that happens across all years. First, they start with a bracket system for each school year, and then they have the top 6 from each year go into battle against each other. However, it isn't a standard tournament. Once it hits the year vs year matches it turns into a ranking challenge system where anyone that made it to the year vs year battle can challenge anyone they want and if you are defeated you are out of the battle. The more battles you win before you are defeated the higher rank you are.

Izuku and the rest of his class are waiting to be called out to the field with their year so that their battles may start. Izuku and the Vanguard believe that they will make it to the year vs year battles and will be aiming to take the top 6 ranks for the entire school. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to A-UA's annual tournament!" yelled the announcer. "Now, I'm sure you students know how this goes, but just to ensure everyone remembers. This event has been closed to only invited guests and the families of the students. As such, at the end of the event, we will compile everything we recorded into videos for Pro-hero's to use to scout you for internship offers. Let us kick this off with the first years! Class 1-A & 1-B please make your way out to the seating area near the ring." stated the announcer. 

Class 1-B did have some interesting opponents due to quirks that ended up costing some 1-A students their matches. However, the Vanguard group swept through all of their matches. Even in Izuku's match, he only used 10% of his quirk to air blast his opponent out of the ring. His opponent had a quirk that made them bigger like Mt. Lady in Japan. However, the bigger they are the harder they fall. Izuku just air blasted one leg from under the person and they fell out of the ring. Most of the Vanguard matches didn't require much effort to be put in at all. As such, it ended up being only the vanguard left fighting each other. 

Izuku vs Rose

Skylar Vs Alex

Lucas vs Sophia. 

The matches all turned in the favor of the boys since they were the stronger members of the group. This caused Rose, Skylar, and Sophia to have a 3-way match against each other with Sophia placing 6th, Skylar 5th, and Rose 4th. After their matches were finished, it was time for the final match of the first-year students. Izuku Vs Alex Vs Lucas.

Izuku did have some trouble since Alex and Lucas both double-teamed him since they knew he could pick them off one by one if they let him due to OFA and float. However, when Lucas used a large wall of fire it caused them to lose sight of Izuku for a few moments. This allowed Izuku to up his OFA % to his current max of 45% and used the float quirk to speed around the firewall and get up close to Alex who was half transformed into a dragon. Izuku knew both boys could take a higher % hit of OFA. As such, Izuku hit Alex with a kick to the side and sent Alex flying out of the ring before he could stabilize himself with his dragon flying abilities. This left Izuku and Lucas remaining on the field. Izuku decided to end the fight by stealing one of All Might's move and caused it to rain heavily. This allowed Izuku a few seconds where Lucas had to readjust his flames strength to deal with the water. However, Izuku got up close by kicking off the ground and kneed Lucas in the stomach which caused him to fly out of the ring. This resulted in the final positions for the first years being Sophia placing 6th, Skylar 5th, and Rose 4th, Alex 3rd, Lucas 2nd, and Izuku 1st. 

All of the families in attendance cheered at the end of the match and the first years cleared the stage so the second years could get ready for their matches. Izuku got worried he had hit his lovers too hard since they were clutching their sides and stomach where Izuku had hit them. "Lucas, Alex are you two alright! I didn't hit too hard did I! I'm sorry!" Izuku said while starting to tear up a bit. "We're fine Little Sun. It only left some big bruises that will be healed by the nurses in a few moments." Lucas said. "Indeed Little sun, don't worry about it. If we don't go all out against each other then we can never improve," stated Alex. Izuku calmed down after hearing this and leaned between the both of them and kissed each of them on the cheeks while they waited for the nurses to come to their class waiting room.