Chapter 34

Jennifer's POV.

Just exactly at 19:00,the Harries family arrives.
And guess what?

Luke fucken Harries is here!

My mother and I welcome them and we all get inside and get settled on the dinner table.

We start eating and I can feel Luke's eyes on me everytime.

My eyes quickly snatch his and I feel a sudden spark rushing all over my body.

A hot spark.

"Can I  sit over there?I'm not really comfortable here." Luke announces pointing at the chair next to mine.

"Ofcourse...anywhere you wanna sit,sit." Victoria says flashing him a smile of politeness.

"Thank you Ms.Kenda." He says and get up from his chair to sit on the one,next to mine.

"Oh no,call me Victoria."

He gives her a small nod,"Thank you,Victoria."

"So Luke tells me that y'all are attending at the same school, correct?" Luke's father asks me

I raise my head at his direction with a sweet smile on my face."Yes,yes we are."

"I hope he is not giving you any problems of some sorts." Ms Harries glance at me and says.

I shake my head and quickly answer."Nope,not at all."

'Oh no,your son is giving me a tragic time.'  I wish to say our loud.

"That's good then." She smiles.

I smile back" It is." I nod."Infact,he's giving me the best time of my life at school. I'm talking about, buying me lunches,chasing any bully that comes my way,submitting my work when I'm not in and also...being a good........" I trail off, looking into his eyes.

Boyfriend .
Boyfriend.
Boyfriend.

My mind sings.

"A good what?" My mother asks,curiously.

"Friend." I finally say.

"Oh," The three of them say at the same time and laugh.

What were they thinking I was gonna say?

"Thought you was gonna say boyfriend. " Mother utters and Luke's mother agrees with her.

"Mother!" I call out,sweetly though.

"What?" She shrugs

"What you just said...... doesn't sound like my son at all." Luke's father says,rolling his eyes."But I'm hoping once he gets himself a good,respectful and beautiful girlfriend,he'd let go of his juvenile behaviours."

'Hoping'.

Vicious and childish people never change.

"Like you,Jennifer." Ms.Harries says looking at me.

"What about me?" I ask.

"Yeah,what about her?" Luke asks looking at his mother.

I pick up my glass of red wine to take a sip.

"I'm just saying, she's smart...full of respect and utterly gorgeous." She points out."She's fit to be our daughter in-law,right husband?" She asks her husband.

I almost choke on my drink,"sorry." I say wiping the little wine that spilled on my thighs.

I am wearing a black short velvet dress which my mother bought for me.

"Are you okay sweetie?Did it wet your dress?"

I look up at my mother and smiles,"It's just a small spill,let me go fix it.I'll be right back." I announce,grabbing my phone and running upstairs.

After wiping the drink,I take my phone and make my way out of my bathroom only to find Luke sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask,a frown plastering on my face.

"You're still mad at me,"

"Yes,now get up and get the fuck out of my bedroom." I say,cheesed off.

"For what it's worth Jennifer, I'm sorry for the fucken hundreth time!" He stands up and  apologizes,shouting throwing his hands in the air.

"Don't fucken raise your voice!Our parents are just around the corner." I caution him.

"I'm so sorry," he apologizes in a low voice this time.

I just scoff in response.

Apologies from boys like him are never genuine or serious. They are just to soften you up and boom!

They fuck you once again.

I ignore his presence and stomps back into the bathroom and slams the door behind me.

Trying to catch a breath, I move to the sink and pour water all over my face to call me down.

I grab a towel and wipe the water off my face.I take a moment just observing my reflection.

Like,how did I end up loving this guy?How did I end up portraying him to be this perfect and faultless gent.Why did I portray him to be like that in the first place....

Is it my fault his true colors are starting to unveil and they are hurting me as fuck.

I have to put an end to all of this.

Now.

Opening the door,I find him waiting for me right outside it. Our eyes dive into each other and I feel a certain change in what I'm about to tell him.

"We have to talk."

884 Words In Total.