Chapter 45

Jennifer's POV.

The sunlight fights through the curtains into my room,piercing my eyes and awakening me.

I climb out of bed and check the time on my phone.

It's half past seven in the morning.

"Shit!" I curse running into the bathroom to quickly wash myself up and be down just before...

"Good morning,Mrs.Kenda." A high-pitched voice from downstairs greets my mother.

"And she's already here!" I mutter brushing my teeth rapidly, looking in the mirror as I do so.

I'm done in just ten minutes. I pull up my blue ripped jeans, then pull on a black Nike hoodie and quickly tie my shoes.

Then,I do my hair. A long tight ponytail then finally I apply a black lipstick on my lips.

Finally catching a breath, I walk over to where my shiny diamond ring is and slowly put it back on my finger.

I smile as stretch my hand forward, trying to get a clear glimpse of it since I didn't get the chance to last night. It was kinda dark,but now with a bright light shining into my room, I can see that it is beautifully beautiful.

"There you are,morning."

I almost faint by hearing a voice that just entered my room.

I turn around quickly to find Patience looking at me,"Fuck you scared the shit out of me!" I say honestly.

"Oh I'm sorry,you okay?" She ask,taking further steps into my room.

"Yeah im fine." I quickly utter putting my hand over my chest to feel my heartbeat.",Damn,my heart is beating swiftly."

She laughs,approaching close to where I'm standing."You're such a baby. All I did was just utter a few words and you almost pushed the shot out of yourse-....."

She suddenly stops at her tracks and her mouth drops while her eyes widen.

What's what?

"Pat, what is it?" I ask,looking around me to see what she is seeing that's got her absolutely fixed.

"Is that a....?" She points at my chest,where my hand is.

"What?" I ask,looking at where she's pointing and
OMG.

"Fuck,you weren't supposed to see this." I say,hiding my hand behind me and tilting my head at her.

"Jennifer what's that?" She asks, deliberately.

Such an asshole.

I ignore her question and grab my backpack.

"Great!She knows exactly what it is but she asks me,how nice." I laugh existing my room.

"He proposed!???" She raises her voice as she trails behind me going down the stairs.

"Shhhhhh!" I turn to her and shush her but it's too late.

"Who proposed to who?" My noisy mother asks walking out of the kitchen.

"Luke proposed to j-" Patience starts explaining but my voice is quick to cut hers off.

"She meant-" mother's voice is quick to cut mine off too.

"Luke?" She ask,narrowing her eyes at Patience." Which Luke?"

Patience is about to say something but immediately shut up when I pinch my eyes at her.

"Right." She says then says nothing.

"We were talking about Shakespeare." I dumbfully utter. They both look at me stupidly. I clear my throat as I quickly think of a lie."She don't believe me when I say William proposed to Anne Hathaway at the age of 18." I say trying to act like I'm not lying as I point at Patience.

She looks mesmerized at first but plays along.

"Yeah,I dont." She says clearing her throat and trying her best to sound factual and normal." I don't believe her."

Mother looks at Patience then at me and then back to her again with suspicion written all over her face.

"So what's up with the Luke name?" She questions, arms crossed.

"Well..." Patience and I say in unison, trailing off. Not knowing how to answer.

I quickly step in,"Well,Luke is William's nickname. Yeah....he was given by his....." I drag,snapping my fingers looking  at Patience for back up from.

"His sidechick." She says out of nowhere. I give her a 'Are you kidding me look'  and she looks away,clearing her throat.

She can be dumb sometimes, I hate it!

"Sidechick?" Mother asks,laughing sarcastically looking at both of us.

"Yeah,his sidechick from uh-m,Australia.She gave it to him for some weird reason. She liked it to be obscure that's why we still dont know why even today. " I hoax my detective mother.

"Right." She says,then continues." You both do realize that I'm a detective right?"
We both nod." And that I've been one for many years now right?"
We nod again." And that I don't believe the shit you both selling to me right now,right?"
We keep quiet.

"We are running late." I announce grabbing Patience's hand and dragging her out of the house before dear detective interrogate us.

"Bye ms.Kenda," Patience's piercing voice shouts as we exist the front door.

It's gonna be a long day at school.

I sigh before getting into my car and driving to school.

888 Words In Total