Chapter 43.

Jennifer's POV.

"Wow," I whisper once again.

My eyes trailing across the town that is lightened up. It is huge,luminous and peaceful.

The night breeze is just perfect. It ain't cold.

I look up at the sky and wow. The stars are brightly shining and the moon has brightly created a light at us. It's beautiful.

A hand sneaks around my waist and I peel my eyes away from the view to find Luke behind me,holding me in his embrace.

"Isn't it breathtaking?"

"It definitely is.I never for a second thought the night view of the town on top of the mountain is this beautiful. Wow!"

"Well,you'll be yet again left in awe once the surprise starts." He mumbles, pressing hard."Or maybe even in tears."

Gently,he brushes his lips over my neck,teasing and telling me dirty stuff.

Luke set up the area and we sit down on the ground. On top of warm blankets and fluffy pillows. I check the time and it is almost nine.
Meaning we're left with just two hours till we head back.

I curl myself against Luke's body and stared at the view far away from my eyes. The night is amazing, so is the weather and everything ahead of me.

We both go silent for a moment just inviting in the breathtaking smell of a beautiful night and beautiful views.

"How does our parents know each other?" I ask,trying to get an answer that I had always longed for since I  questioned myself.

"Well,my father and your father got along way back since they were just kids. So,ever since your father moved far away...they're stuck with detective Kenda." He replies,caressing my hair gently.

"Oh," I say," So from what I see,we are kinda breaking a rule here. Our relationship gotta be forbidden. I mean, from what you just said...our fathers are more like brothers.What if they find out?" I question, seriously.

"Well you know what they say Black Eyes. What they don't know,won't hurt them." He whispers in my ear.

I laugh lightly. "No Luke I'm serious." I say with a serious face now.

"Me too." He says, " I just don't think they'll fight the connection between us. I mean,you remember what they said?"

He asks and I stay muddled for a while. Not recalling anything.

"At dinner?" He tries giving me a hint.

"Oh right. Wasn't it a joke or something?"

He's talking about the time they said he needs to have a girlfriend like me and all that.

"Guess we'll find out very soon."

"Yeah." I breathe out.

"Why did you never date?" He out of nowhere asks.

"Well,I never liked any boy. Never had a crush." I simply answer.

"That's a good lie,c'mon tell me the truth. Or were you gay?"

"The fuck!" I laugh,jolting up to face him." No,I just simply wasn't interested in anyone."

"I believe you." He says, his tone full of sarcasm.

I laugh at his stupidity and look far away,observing my surrounding.

"C'mon, get up." Luke says as he quickly stands up and stretches out his hand for me to take.

Perplexed, I narrow my eyebrows but take his hand. As soon as I'm on my feet,I ask.

"What's going on?"

He gently turn my body so the view is now in front of me. He goes behind me and hugs me tightly from behind.

"Luke what's goi-"

"Shhhhhhhh." His finger on my mouth quickly shuts me up.

"Look over there." He points just above the town,at the sky.

Filled with confusion, I open my mouth to say something but his finger does its job again. Just then,fireworks blows.

The area lightens even better,and the sky changes colors as they erupts.The area above at the sky fills with nothing but colorful,bright amazing colors.

I hear the campers  whistling and shouting out of joy. I cant help myself but to scream out of joy and feel blissful.

Luke just laugh and whistle like all of us.

As I'm still screaming and shouting nonsense, I feel Luke's body getting away from mine.

After a couple of minutes,they stop and everything goes back to how it was before they excited us.

"That was so amazing!Oh my gosh!" I squeal out in joy."Do they happen every year this time?"

"Yes they do but they also happen occasionally,like on Christmas, Easter and so forth." He elaborates.

"Wow." I say,still covered with a big smile on my face.

"Look ." He points again where he pointed before.

I try observing what he refers to but nothing.

"I don't se anyth-," what I see next as i turn around, shocks me.

"OH MY GOSH!!"

889 WORDS IN TOTAL.