Chapter 28

Jennifer's POV

I shove my books into my locker as many complicated thoughts starts kicking in.
I let out an exhausted huff.

Well thing is,I got one thing I'm totally looking forward to and that's seeing my MOTHER.
And then,I got another thing I'm utterly not looking forward to and that's packing up my bags and leaving Luke's apartment.

My mind is all the place,I'm happy and disoriented at the same time!Right now,at this point.....I hate my life.Honestly!

After making sure that I'm ready to go home,I shut my locker and exit the school building.
Just as I get out,I see the pretty bestfriend waiting for me just outside her car.

Just to point out,She's not happy. As a matter of fact,her facial expression is one of an angry lions waiting to strike.

Yep. She looks pretty mad.

"Fuck!I missed lunch,that's why she looks so mad." I mutter to myself as I pick up my pace,making my way towards her Jeep.

Luke's deep voice suddenly calls out for me from behind and I motion for Patience to give me 2minutes.

Turning around,I plaster on a small smile as Luke jogs his way towards me.

"Hey,you catching a ride with her?" He questions,glancing behind me.

I nod,looking up at him."Yeah,I want her to go help me set up a small welcome dinner  for mom tonight.I invited her close friends from the station and the Captain of the station as well.It was actually his idea,the Captain.To just show Victoria how much we love and support her you know. It's nothing huge." I say,finishing with a little nervous laugh.

I fucken didn't invite him.Damn!

"Oh" Is his short,confused reply.

"You do remember that she's flying back tonight, right?" I ask,trying to see if he does recall.

He place both his hands inside his pockets and gives me a quick nod."Mhmmm.I do remember the fact that,I ain't invited and you leaving me tonight." He utters,looking quite heartbroken.

"It's not like tha-" I try correcting but he swiftly turn around and ran away.

"Fuck!" I yell,placing my hand on my forehead while the other is on my hip.

"C'mon Jen,he'll be fine.We gotta go now."

I look back to see Patience's head popped out of the window with a small,comforting smile on her face.

"Okay." I say underneath my breathe and walk to the car.

***

Patience and I are getting ready for the dinner.

We'e at my crib and the guests are starting to arrive.

My phone receives a text and I quickly pick it up to see who is texting me.

'Will be home in an hour.'

♡Mom.

"Who is it?"

I toss the phone on the bed carefully."It's mother,she says she'll be home in an hour. " I tell her.

"Cool." She replies.

I check out my outfit,a very gorgeous Givenchy low dip wine dress. It's new,skin right but not too revealing and short.I slip on my black thin heels and apply a red lips