Chapter 39

Some days are just the worst of them all. And a little bit of support and some love,certainly gets one through them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer's POV.

Two months later.

It is in the middle of the night when I return home.I was with Luke out on a date at some classic restaurant downtown and we went to his apartment afterwards to have some dessert if you know what I mean.Anyways,I just hope and pray my mother is till our working.

When Luke and I got to his apartment, I texted her and asked what time she was coming home and she replied with a ' I don't know,still working on some case that's going to court tomorrow.'

So,her saying that made me think that she'll probably stay the night working at the station and so I kinda took my time with Luke.

Arriving home,I see her car parked in the garage.

"Fucks!" I cuss in frustration.

After parking my car, I go inside quietly not wanting to wake her up.

Just a small noise , I'm screwed.

Just as I step inside the house and try my best not to make noise by closing the door...

Mother grabs my arm and glares at me for a moment before saying," Take out your phone and check the time Jennifer."

I just look nervously at her until her sudden high-pitched voice startle me.

"Now!"

I hurriedly take out my phone from my bag and check the time.

"Say it out loud for me sweetie." She instructs.

Oh my gosh. Really now?

"02:33 am." I say looking down on my phone.

"Well,.." she breaks off, waiting for an explanation.

I heave a sigh."I know,I know mother....I'm so sorry.I must've lost track staying at Patience's house." I lie staring down.

"Really?"

My hair fall way from my face as I look up at her.

"I'm sorry mother,it won't happen again."

"You damn right it won't missy." She says angrily." You're a pretty dumb liar Jennifer Kenda." She tells me.

I narrow my eyebrows,confused by her words.

"You're grounded.Go upstairs, your so called friend who you were out with till this time .....is waiting for you." She states,looking at me with nothing but disappointment.

Fuck!

I honestly feel for her and all that but G R O U N D E D????

THATS A BIT EXTREME. How the hell am I gonna see Luke?She cant do this. Well yes she can but she just shouldn't do it anyways.

A small gasp escape my throat. "Grounded,what??You can't do that." I exclaim,my big black eyes popped all out in full length.

"Yes I can,and I just did.Now,go upstairs!" She points out her finger at the stairs direction.

"No,mother,I'm sorry." I say running behind her into the kitchen.

"I don't want to hear it Jennifer. You went out with a boy till this late,then came back to my house in the freaking middle of the night and then still had the guts to come up with a lame,stupid lie.You're grounded,I don't wanna talk about it anymore.Okay?" She asks,anger growing in her voice and eyes.

Silence spreads across the room and I utter."Okay."

"Good girl.Now,go to your room."

*****

The following day.

Since I'm grounded and it's a Saturday, I decided to tell Patience to come over for a movie and snacks day.

But that's not all. I want to tell her something.

My mother is out on a mission with Collen, ofcourse. So,that's good since I wanted to talk to Patience in private.

I draw in a breath and grab my phone from my bed before dialing her numbers. I pace up and down my room as I impatiently wait for her to answer.

"Hey." I say as she picks up my call.

"Hey,sorry I left early in the morning. I had some few errands to run for my mom before noon." She quickly apologizes.

"No,no..no,its okay Pat, I understand. There's no need for you to apologize." I let her know."Hey listen, can you come over again for the night?I have something I wanna tell you."

I cant go to hers since I'm GREATLY grounded.

"Yeah sure,I will come over.But why?Is there something wrong ?"

"I think so..." I trail off, hesitantly.

"What is it Jen?" She asks,concerned.

"Pat,I think I am pregnant."

885 Words In Total.