Chapter 3

Jennifer's POV

"Mother c'mon!" I whine

"Its work sweetie." She says softly.

"I know it is mother but another business trip, right now?I mean I just got settled in that stupid school yet you already ditching me." I complain,setting down my fork on the plate as I look at her.

She gives me a sad smile." I know sweetie. And I'm so,sorry but I really have to go you know. "She tells me,sipping on her orange juice.

"Cant you just skip this one for the fucken first time?" I ask her sadly.

"No,and dont say that word to me." She warns,pointing her index finger at me.

"Sorry." I apologize with my face down," I just don't get why you gotta go.I mean,we have money that could last us for the whole year right?So why?"

She looks at me and then down at her plate,"Jennifer..." she calls me.

"Mother." I look up at her.

"I know I usually take trips that last about two to four weeks but this one is three months." She says and I always choke on my juice.

"What?" I shout."Three fucken months?"

"F word alert!" She tells me,moving up from her seat to the sink.

"I dont really care about the stupid fucken word mother!All I really care about is being left alone in this big house for three fucken months!That's what I care about!!" I shout and swiftly get up from my chair.

"Get back on your sit Jennifer." She orders me.

I just cross my arms and remain standing while looking away.

"Sit the fuck down!" She shout loud enough to make me sit back down.

"F word alert." I meekly remind her.

We both laugh softly and stare at each other.

She puts her hand on top of mine thats on the table and rub her thumb gently on my skin.

"There's nothing to worry about sweetie. I know you'll do just fine alone.All you gotta do is focus on your school work and you'll be fine. I would love to take you as always but we can't afford you transfering to another school while you just got to a new one,today!"

"I understand." I sigh,moving my hand away from hers.

"For real?"

I look at her and give her a little smile. "For real. "

"Thank you so much sweetie. This is the longest case our station has to accomplish compared to the previous ones." She sighs.

"And y'all will nail it as always." I wink at her

"Ofcourse!" She winks back

"So where will I stay,mother?" I ask after a few moments of silence.

She gives me a raised brow."What do you mean by that?"

"Oh no...." I give out a sarcastic laugh, "You don't expect me to live alone for three entire months right?"

"I mean...." She starts but I cut her off."Mother I'd lose my mind if I'm staying in this big house on my own." I tell her.

She looks at me for a long time and sigh,"What do you have in mind?" She finally asks.

"Go with you?" It comes out more of like a question than a statement.

"No!" Is her simple straight answer.

"Mother...." 

"Jennifer stop whining like a sick puppy and act all grown up cause either way,you're not going  anywhere with me."

"Sucks." I mumble with my head down.

"I know sweetie," she stands up," I don't know, find someone who will live with you or something." She stops and look at me before opening the fridge.

"I dont know." I slam my head inside my plate.

Not too hard though.

"Figure out something and let me know in the morning, okay?" She smiles.

I smile back." Okay."

"Now let's clean the dishes and go to bed."

We wash the dishes and got ready for bed.

Fuck.I had to face Luke and his barbie drama queens the following day!

665 words in total.

Seems like detective mommy is going away for a while.😫What or should I say,who will Jennifer ask to live with her in the meantime?¿🤷‍♀️

And let's not forget that she have to face the barbie squad in the next chapter. Girl is in trouble......😈

Who do you think Jennifer will think of first, about this whole roomie thing?❤

What do you think might happen in the next chapter at school?❤

Let me know. Leave your comment and don't forget to vote. 😚😚😚