Chapter 48.

Jennifer's POV

My alarm goes off at 8.am. I lazily sit up on my bed. Looking around my room for a moment,I take out a tired sigh and get out bed.

I walk over to my closet and  pull out my blue denim shorts and a white shirt.

Once I'm done brushing my teeth,showering and dressing up,I pick my favorite shoes of all times:
Converse.

I take a  glance at myself in the mirror and with a satisfied  look,I give myself a wink and a smile.
Putting on some lipstick,I brush my black hair to the back and let it loose over my shoulders.

Smiling  at my reflection, I take my backpack and phone and go downstairs.

I smile and walk inside the kitchen, where my lovely mother is preparing pancakes and bacon.
Taking in a long breath with my eyes closed, I inhale the delicious smell.

"Morning sweetie." She turns to me.

"Morning mother,what time you going in today?" I greet back and ask,sitting on the stool next to the Island counter.

She place the pancakes in a plate and a strip of bacon and put it in front of me."There you go.Uh-m,I'm working from home today."

I nod and smile down at my plate.

I pick up my for and take a bite of the pancake.
"Mhhhh," I mumble while eating." Detective's pancakes are so yummy as always."

"Ofcourse." She dramatically flips her hair off her shoulder and grin.

I roll my eyes and finish my food. Unlocking my phone and checking the time,I curse." Shit!"

It is 7:53.

"Bye mother," I stand up and give her a kiss on the cheek.

She smiles and kiss me too." Bye sweetie."

"Have a lovely day!" She shout out to me as I run out of the house.

"You too!" I shout back,existing the front door in a hurry.

After driving in a swift and arriving at school,I park the car in an empty lot and start running towards the building.

I take out my phone and text Patience to tell her that I have arrived.

'Hey,where you at?I just arrived.'

After a minute, my phone beeps.

'Meet me at the science class.

XOXO:Pat.'

I smile before putting my phone back inside my backpack.

Taking long strides, I reach just in time before the class starts and spot Patience sitting in the last row.

My eyes search for someone but unfortunately, they don't find him.

I sigh.

"Hey! Can I just confusedly ask why you didn't barge in my room,make terrible noise,and sing horrible noise today?" I ask when I settle in the seat beside her.

"Because bestie is having some red source issues down there." She points and I laugh.

"Don't get me wrong, I hate being on my periods just like everyone else but I so love them for giving me some extra time to catch a breath and sleep peacefully." I sneer.