Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Heartbreaks, painful goodbyes, unacceptable reasons, and moving on. Alin sa mga iyon ang mas mahirap? I don't know which of which, but I'm sure what's said above is painful.

"Lalaine? If you're not feeling well, we can go back to your condo so that you can rest." Nag-aalalang sabi ni Doydoy.

Saglit ko pang tiningnan ang tinatahak naming daan saka siya nilingon. I weakly smiled at him. "I'm fine, naghihintay na sila Nonito doon kaya nakakahiya naman kung di tayo tutuloy. Besides the whole Torelba is there, I don't want to disappoint them."

Nagtagal pa ang mapanuring tingin ni Doydoy sa akin, pero kalaunan ay tumango siyat sa pagmamaneho na itinuon ang atensyon. Inalis ko ang ngiti ko at tumingin ulit sa labas ng kotse.

It's raining lightly outside, it makes me remember the minutes I spend under the rain where everything is nigh on perfect, and in this moment it feels as if I was coming back at that time.

That time when it rained heavily, I danced with the man named Braxten Nyx Ashley, the man that was once mine. Not minding the cold wind hitting our skin, not minding getting wet, not minding to be sick, we dance while having our heartbeats as the rythm of our own music. The minutes of dancing I wished that'll continue incessantly, but that great minutes of dancing under the rain with the man I love was long gone. And will be just a memory.

And the moment I want to experience again is the same scenario I want to forget. If only I chose to follow my heart, I know it'll be different. But then what's the use of regretting it now? He's happy now, he surely found the happiness I can't give. And it pained me so much that he can be happy without me while I'm still here, stuck under the rain, waiting for a chance to dance with him again. But I know it won't happen, now that he found someone that will never leave him, and so I know I'll be just at the corner watching as they dance and lovingly looking at each others eyes, not minding me, the rain that is envious.

Naging sa akin ba talaga siya? I don't want to confirm but I hope it'll be a yes. I loved him and I know he does too, sadyang di lang kami ang para sa isat-isa.

Javier, my fiancee opened the car's door for me, I held some part of my dress as I got out of the car-- to avoid having my dress ruined and dirty. Javier gave his car key to the valet before offering me his hand. I smiled at him genuinely as I held his hand, I slowly crossed my arms on his as we walk our way to the restaurant.

"You sure about next month?" He said, sounding hesitant and worried.

Tiningnan ko siya at nginitian. I am starting to get annoyed, bakit ba ayaw niyang maniwala sa akin? Don't he want to get married?

"I'm sure, Doy, ikaw? You seems to not like the idea." I said, with a hint of irritation.

He gently sigh, he looked at me tenderly as he caress my hand on his arm with his thumb.

"I'm sure of you, I just want you to know that your choosing me, that being my wife is not for temporary, I'll be your husband for the rest of your life."

Napalunok ako at napa-iwas ng tingin. "Don't you want it? I'm already ready now, Javier."

He didn't speak again, we keep our thoughts in ourselves as we walk towards the exclusive and hideously expensive restaurant. The theme of the restaurant is inspired by Italians, the elegant chandeliers above is really attractive and it gives you the vibe of a classy restaurant, surely for rich people this is the best choice where to dine.

Agad na napatingin sa amin ni Javier ang mga taong nasa loob, specially Nonito that is now making his way near us. His genuine smile on his lips makes me feel comfortable and not at the same time. Mula ng malaman ko kung ano talaga ang mga Torelba at kung paano sila naging mayaman ay natatakot na akong magtiwala sa kanila. This is not the first I met all of them, but even so I'm still uneasy whenever their eyes and attention are on me, pakiramdam ko may masama silang gagawin.