2: douche bags wear sunglasses at night

"What do you have in mind, Hawks?" Isobel was a beautiful woman with brightly dyed red hair and piercing blue eyes

"What do you have in mind, Hawks?" Isobel was a beautiful woman with brightly dyed red hair and piercing blue eyes. Imagine the Little Mermaid, but covered in tattoos and more badass.

And also lesbian.

"I mean, she's absolutely gorgeous, just get her a nice dress and doll her up," Hawks winked at Y/N, who rolled her eyes, but was blushing madly.

Isobel hummed, her eyes racking up and down Y/N's body, studying her. "I've got a vision for both of you."

"It has to be black, all the guests of honor have to wear black." Y/N put in.

Isobel looked at her with a pitiful gleam in her eyes. "Ah yes, I forgot. The bridesmaid to the bride who stole your man away."

"That's outta pocket."

"Sorry, babe. You gotta face it sooner or later." Isobel guided her to a rack of dresses and took out one Y/N's size. "Alright, change into this then go to the chair so we can make you look presentable."

Y/N thankfully took the dress and walked behind a floral divider and started to change. 

"Hawks, you take this outfit and change as well. There's another divider you can go behind over there."

"Oh, I don't need to hide," Y/N could practically hear the smirk in Hawk's voice."Thank you for doing this, Isobel."

"I'm only doing this because this is the first time I've seen a pep in your step since the whole Allison incident. I'm just glad you're not moping around over some bitch anymore."

"Did you have to bring it up? Don't call her names, Isobel." When Y/N stepped out, the two friends were engaged in their own heated conversation. She just stood there awkwardly, her hands clasped together.

"Why the fuck not, Tamaki? She was a fucking slut who couldn't keep her legs closed, and we both know you were too good for her."

"We don't need to talk about this n--" Hawks took a double-take when he saw Y/N standing there. "Holy shit, kid."

The dress was form-fitting and black with a sweetheart neckline, leavings Y/N's collarbones exposed. The dress also had black lace sleeves, framing her chest and body.

"You like it?" Y/N meekly asked, twisting her hands in front of her. "You don't think it's too...showy?"

"Babe, showy is what we want," Isobel said, sassily. "Now, get yourself in that chair and let me work my magic."

Y/N let herself take in Hawk's outfit, blushing slightly. He looked...fucking good. She had never seen Hawks out of his hero costume before and holy shit. Y/N had never been attracted to a man after...him... but Hawks was something different.

"You like what you see, kid?" He teased, any distress that was previously on his features were gone and replaced by an easy-going and playful look. 

"Douche bags wear sunglasses at night," She snapped, trying to cover her obvious gawking.

"They're just like my goggles," he tapped the yellow lensed glasses. "I just need them for flying. Plus, I look hot as hell."

Isobel audibly gagged, putting the cape over Y/N's dress to protect it. "So."

"So."

"Well, I know you're not going to leave me in the dark of your life's drama. I own a beauty salon-boutique hybrid; listening to women's problems is my job." Isobel mused, touching Y/N's hair gently to see what she was working with.

"We, uh, dated for a few years. He couldn't be in a relationship at that time when we were going to college. He called it a break and asked me to wait for him, so I did." Y/N laughed softly as Isobel started to do her hair. "Then he met Jamie."

"What a fucking loser," Isobel tutted. "An actual fucking loser."

"I think the roles are reversed here," Y/N's voice wasn't cold or angry or even sad. It was just empty. "It's been a year since he officially broke things off romantically and I haven't been with anyone but him since we were seventeen."

"Don't think like that." Hawks was suddenly serious, meeting Y/N's eyes. "You did what anyone would do when they're in love."

"Fuck love."

Hawks snorted. "Amen to that, kid."

"You emos," Isobel snapped, her hands quickly working on an elegant updo. "You two just have shitty taste."

"Fair enough." Y/N shrugged. The three talked about Isobel and Hawks met, just chatting about everything, really. Isobel did natural makeup on Y/N because Hawks insisted that she didn't need any makeup.

"Tada!" Isobel presented Y/N in a mirror, who gaped at her reflection. "That pathetic weasel of a man just might leave the altar for you."

"Don't get my hopes up," Y/N chuckled humorlessly, turning away from her reflection and giving Isobel a quick hug. "Thank you, Isobel. I can't tell you how much this means to me."

"Listen, Y/N, I worked hard on your makeup. You need to stay strong and put on a brave face the entire night. You show this man no weakness, you understand me?" Isobel placed her hands on both of Y/N's shoulders. "And once you get over men, give me a call."

Y/N choked on her own spit, her face flushing.

"Stop hitting on my date, Izzy, you're gonna steal her from me," Hawks joked, watching a flustered Y/N in delight. "We better go since we have to be there early since you're part of the wedding party."

Y/N clenched her jaw as she realized her impending doom.

"C'mon, kid," Hawks said gently, offering her his elbow. "Let's crush this wedding."