14: songbird

Even though Y/N was hundreds of feet in the air at an incredible speed, she felt safe in Hawks' arms. Yes, she was going on a potentially deadly mission with a man she's known for a month and a half now...

But she felt safe with him.

Y/N peeled one of her eyes open and saw the world around her in a blur. It sent a thrill down her spine and she let out a delighted laugh. Hawks looked down at her and grinned.

"I told you that you would get used to it, kid!" He called over the wind, his amber eyes gleaming with amusement.

"It helps when I know you won't drop me!" Y/N's eyes glinted with glee, but she still held the hero tightly and he did the same. They landed on the rooftop garden and Y/n smile turned into a frown.

Hawks set her down on her feet. "What's wrong, kid?"

"I just realized that I can't tend to my garden while we're gone..." Y/N walked over to her flower bed and touched the seeds next to it in disappointment.

"What were you going to plant next?" Hawks stood next to Y/N and peeked over her shoulder.

"Sunfowers." Y/N blushed and prayed that he wouldn't say anything.

"Ah!" Hawks perked up while grinning brightly. His wings puffed out slightly. "Like our song!"

Of course he said something.

"I've had these longer than I've known you, Hawks," Y/N rolled her eyes while laughing. "Not everything is about you, bird brains." 

"Then why are you so bummed out that you can't plant them now? If you've already had them for so long..." Hawks trailed off, a grin on his face and Y/N decided to give him the same energy back.

She stepped toward him and looked up at him innocently. "I dunno. You tell me," She leaned even closer to his face, eyes glancing down at his lips before a wicked smile spread on her lips.

Y/n traced her fingers lightly along his jawline. "...songbird."

His eyes widened instantly. Her words literally ruffled his feathers as a blush splashed on his cheeks. Y/N laughed heartily, turning on her heels and walking to the rooftop exit.

"C'mon, bird brains, I have things to pack," Y/N called from over her shoulder, but Hawks was stuck in his place.

He swallowed thickly while trying to shake the sultry look that was just previously in Y/N's eyes from his mind, but they lingered still. She had such a huge effect on him with such a simple thing as a nickname and a mere look...

Songbird.

No one had ever called him that before.

Hawks' mind sprialled as he imagined what her hands would feel like buried in his feathers and what it would feel like if every inch of his skin was on hers--

He didn't have to even experience it. He knew it would be heavenly. 

Hawks chuckled to himself breathlessly after taking a deep breath then following Y/N down the exit.

"Fucking songbird," he shook his head slightly, grinning at his feet.

a/n: ayoooo, welcome to the end of the chapter! thank u so much for reading and rinks lots of water today!! don't forget to vote and comment :))