3: call me keigo

"Hawks, I don't know if I can do this

"Hawks, I don't know if I can do this." To say that Y/N was panicking would have put it lightly. She was pacing back and forth outside the wedding venue. "I genuinely think that I'm going to explode on the spot."

"Kid, you can do this. Remember what Isobel said, show no weakness." Hawks grabbed her shoulders to ground her to one place. "I'm here with you, you're untouchable."

"I'm untouchable," she repeated, trying to calm herself.

"Unless it's me, of course." Hawks smirked and Y/N sighed loudly, but there was a small smile on his face. "I know you wanna smile, kid."

"Shut up, Hawks."

"Call me Keigo tonight." Hawks brushed stray hairs that had fallen out of the updo behind her ear softly. "I think I'll have something that will help."

He reached up and took off one of the simple chains that were around his neck. Then, he took a small feather off of his wing and attached it to the necklace. Hawks grinned, unclipping the chain.

"May I?" Y/N nodded wordlessly as Hawks moved closer, putting the necklace around her neck. "This ties the whole look together. You look...phenomenal."

Y/N blushed slightly at his words, taking the bright red feather between her fingers and studying it. "Why did you...?"

"My feathers and I are connected in more ways than just one. I'll hear you when you talk to it, it'll guide you to me when you need it, and I can tell your primary emotion when I really try." Hawks explained, a soft look in his eyes.

Y/N ran her finger up the edge of the feather, awe in her eyes. "It's so soft."

Hawks cleared his throat slightly and shifted his stance. "I can feel that, kid."

"Oh shit, sorry." Y/N dropped the feather, letting it fall on her chest. She looked at him for a moment. "Why are you doing this? You just met me on a rooftop today when I was ugly crying."

"I don't think you have the ability to be ugly."  Y/N shot him a look and he gave her a sad, lopsided grin. "I told you, kid. I know a broken heart when I see one."

Y/N thought back to what Isobel said about that one Allison girl...

Hawk's hand was warm as he laced their fingers together. "Are you ready? I tend to show off whoever I'm with, you need to be prepared."

Y/N nodded, taking comfort in the warmth of Hawks' hand in hers. "Thank you, Keigo."

He just smiled softly, leading her into the wedding venue. It was bustling with people and Y/N led Hawks to where her plus-one was supposed to sit. People's attention was instantly on them, hushed whispers running across people.

Hawks gently caressed her chin, his eyes pooling with love. "You look stunning."

How is his acting that good?! How am I supposed to match that?! She screamed in her head.

"You're not looking too terrible yourself, Keigo." Y/N flirted, fiddling with his suit jacket then added in a hushed tone. "They're all looking at us."

"Well, you came with the number two hero in all of Japan. People are bound to notice me." Hawks replied with his hands on her hips. "Plus, you are drop-dead gorgeous."

"Y/N?" 

That voice.

It made her heart stop in the most terrible and wonderful way.

She turned to see him, dressed in a pristine suit, a small flower pinned to his breast pocket. He looked amazing.

"Alex," Y/N sighed out his name, keeping a smile on her lips. "Y-you look great."

"I'm so glad you could make it. You look...amazing." Alex's gray eyes were filled with surprise and delight. "I've missed you."

Obviously not that much.

Her smile froze on her face as Alex moved in for a hug. That's when Hawks swooped in to save the day, drawing Y/N into his side, giving Alex a dazzling smile. Hawks grabbed Alex's hand firms, borderline crushing it.

"Heya, Alex, how do you do?" Hawks gave him the same fake smile that he did in interviews. "You must be excited."

Alex looked slightly confused, looking between Y/N and Hawks. 

"Oh, right, I haven't introduced myself." Hawks scoffed lightly as if it had slipped his mind. "I'm Hawks, number two hero. But tonight, I'm this gorgeous woman's date."

"O-oh!" Alex cleared his throat, looking at Y/N. "I didn't think you had a plus one."

"Well, I did," she said, leaning into Hawks' side. "Jamie gave me one."

"Jamie did?"

"Yeah, bud. Can't wait for the after-party!" Hawks clapped Alex's shoulder with a brute amount of force. Alex opened his mouth to reply, but one of his groomsmen called him to the alter. 

"Well, Hawks, thank you for coming," Alex said, borderline coldly. He turned to Y/N, smiling warmly. "I'll see you later, Y/N."

Y/N and Hawks sat down in their chairs, Hawks was fuming. She sat close to him and he draped an arm over the back of her chair.

"Keigo? Are you alright?"

"That guy is a piece of shit, Y/N. You deserve so much fucking better." Hawks turned to his burning amber eyes locked onto hers. "Promise me that you will get over that scum."

Y/N was taken slightly aback by Hawk's aggression. "Keigo--"

"Promise me, Y/N."

"I...I promise."