12: the collector

The next morning Hawks and Y/N were sitting at a round table in front of a few other heroes and

The next morning Hawks and Y/N were sitting at a round table in front of a few other heroes and...Endeavor. 

Hawks tried to hide his stifled laughter behind a fist, casually draping himself across an office chair. Y/N sat next to her winged friend, trying to elbow him discreetly to get him to shut the fuck up.

Hawks had started laughing when he learned Endeavor was going to be at the meeting and seeing Y/N face drop when he told her. 

"I doubt he even remembers me, he was drunk and I was ston--not in my right mind," Y/N to recover quickly, but Hawks caught onto her slip.

"Did you just tell me, a hero who is also a mandatory reporter, that you were stoned while hooking up with the number one hero?" He asked her, clearly bewildered. "Plus, I know he'll remember you."

"And why is that, bird brains?"

"Because you are too beautiful to forget, kid." Y/N had blushed and punched him in the chest and told him to shut the fuck up. He just laughed joyfully, ruffling Y/N hair.

And Hawks had an even harder time keeping it together when Endeavor entered and paled when he saw Y/N sitting, her head leaning on Hawk's shoulder slightly while scrolling on her phone.

"What are you laughing--oh." Y/N elbowed Hawks in the ribs. "You absolute child."

The smirk was wiped off of his face as Dabi walked in, his hands cuffed behind his back. "Hey, hey, what the hell? I thought we said no cuffs?"

The three had agreed to keep what they learned that Dabi was Toya between them until the job was done.

Two hours before...

"Okay, wait, you're telling me that you're willing to let him go after the job is done?" Y/N hissed under her breath, trying to keep their conversation on the down-low so everyone in the coffee shop they were in couldn't hear.

"This job might make a week, maybe a month. The plan is that he helps us take down as many big crime circles before the gala." Hawks stretched his body and his wings unfurled slightly, which made Y/N blush slightly.

There was such a powerful aura to them that made Y/N want to bury her fingers at the base and ruffle the soft feathers underneath. Y/N quickly shook the thought from her head and sipped on her drink.

"Gala?" Y/N questioned, shaking the thoughts from her head.

"There's a big villain called The Collector. He's big and mean and collects pretty girls with useful quirks. He's filthy rich and unless we have hard evidence, we can't get him." Hawks glared at his scone on the table. "And Toya can get us into the gala."

"Covert ops...I like it," Y/n gave the hero a cheeky smile and he rolled his eyes at her.

"I figured you would, you daredevil."

Current time...

"He's still a villain, Hawks," Endeavor said firmly, ignoring Y/N's presence entirely. "Villains belong in handcuffs."

"Not that I'm complaining," Dabi looked at Y/N and winked. "I'm a fan of the cuffs if you know what I mean."

"Shut up, you fucking jerky-looking ass," Y/n snapped and the heroes in the room chuckled lowly. "Can we get down to business, gentlemen? We have some villains to take down and a very short time frame to do it in."

"What Miss L/N said," Hawks was serious and stoic, a drastic difference from his normal peppy self. "We a lot to do and less time to do it in."

a/n: welcome to the end of the chapter, my friend! drink some water and get some sleep...also tell me how you like the arc so far!! don't forget to vote and comment :)