29: bird brains

"Psst, shithead." Y/N groaned and shifted slightly, burying her head deeper into the warm pillow she was resting her head on. "Y/N, you can't cuddle into my best friend to hide from me. Wake up."

"What do you want, Dabi?" Y/N cracked her eyes open to see herself draped across Hawks' body. He was still sound asleep, snoring slightly.

"I'm being nice," Dabi grinned, holding up a box of condoms and shaking it slightly. "Operation: Get Y/N Fucked is a go."

"Dabi," Y/N hissed, snatching the box, trying her best not to wake the hero under her. "For god's sake--"

"I'll be back in five hours," Dabi cut her off, his eyes gleaming bright with amusement. "You two have fun."

Hawks shifted under Y/N and her eyes nearly popped out of her head, panicking and throwing the box of condoms across the room.

"Toya?" Hawks asked blurrily as he started to wake up. "Kid, did you throw something?"

"I'm going to say this once so you two can skip formalities." Dabi stood and stretched as he looked at his friends. "Bird, you're into her. Shithead, you're into him. You're fucking stupidly perfect for each other so just deal with it."

Without another word, Dabi left the room. It was silent as they heard him walk out the cabin, the door closing behind him.

"Well." Hawks grinned down at Y/N slightly. "Morning, kid."

"Good morning, bird brains." Y/N smiled weakly and slowly slid off of Hawks, sitting up in the bed. "Do you...want to talk about what Dabi just said or...?"

"Kid," Hawks sat up in the bed as well, running his hands over his face and through his hair in attempts to wake himself up. "I thought I have made it pretty clear that I'm into you. You...are more incredible than my words can describe. You're selfless and loving. You've got everything that a person could want."

Y/N was left speechless at the bluntness as Hawks just casually confessed his feelings.

"You take care of me, Y/N." Hawks reached out and caressed the side of her face. "I would do anything for you. Absolutely anything. Even with everyone that's going on around us when I'm with you, I feel free."

Y/N didn't know why she felt like crying but she did. Was this what feeling properly cared about felt like? There was a warmth in Y/N's chest that started in her chest and spread through her entire body.

Hawks' eyes widened as the first few tears slipped out of Y/N's eyes.

"Oh, fuck, kid, I didn't mean to--"

Y/N threw her arms around Hawks' neck, pulling the hero close to her and buried her face in his neck. She was sitting on his lap now and cupped both sides of his face, a watery smile on her features.

"Happy tears?" Hawks asked cautiously, placing his hands on her waist.

Y/N nodded happily, her smile widening. "Very happy, bird brains."

She leaned her head down and connected their lips. There was a sigh of contentment from Hawks behind the kiss. They both melted into each other, a new type of sparks between them that neither of them had felt before.

This just felt...right.

It was a feeling that Y/N knew that Hawks was a person who only came around once in a lifetime and changed everything around him. Hawks made it seem like her life was something special and real.

For the first time in either of their lives, they felt fully alive and perfectly content.

a/n: YO WE HIT 10,000 READS!!

THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH! also... since we hit 10k, it's smut time next chapter asdfghjk

drink water, stay safe, and I'll see you tomorrow!!