10: heroing isn't black and white

"Holy fucking shit

"Holy fucking shit." Y/N ran her hands through her hair. "That was fucking intense."

"Yeah," Hawks sat in an office chair, his eyes glued to the ground in the conference room.

"I mean, how am I gonna break it to him that I fucked his dad?"

Hawks' head snapped up and his honey-colored eyes met hers. "That's what you're most worried about right now? We just found that that Toya is still alive and you're thinking about the one time you slept with Endeavor?"

"I mean, it was a pretty big elephant in the room, Hawks."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Okay, so you were friends with him?" Y/N questioned after Hawks spilled his entire life story that involved Dabi. The camp that they were in, how they became friends, and how in the end Hawks thought Toya had burned himself alive.

"I owe him my life."

"You were seven. How can you owe someone a life debt at seven?" Y/N paced back and forth in the interview room. "You need to think about this from a hero point of view, not a Keigo point of view."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because that look on your face makes me think you're gonna break him out a stage that he bested you because you knew him in kindergarten." Y/N crossed her arms over her chest, staring the hero down.

"You didn't know what it was like in there, kid."

"You're right, Keigo, I don't. But what I do know is that if you let that criminal in the other room go, you're not acting like a hero."

"What would you know about being a hero?" Hawks snapped, his eyes gleaming. "You're a paper pusher at a law firm. Heroing isn't black and white, there are gray areas."

"That might be true, but the one thing I do know is that you don't let criminals bust out because you knew them as a small child." Y/N shot back. "This is not the type of hero you want to be, Hawks."

"And how would you know what kind of hero I want to be?" Hawks stood, looking pretty pissed. "You're some girl who I met crying on a rooftop who happened to be someone I could use on a mission."

Y/N stiffened at his words and her jaw clenched. "Well."

"Wait, kid--"

She grabbed her jacket and started to head out the door. "Good luck, Hawks. Hope you have a lovely reunion."

Y/N left the room, going straight toward the integration room that Dabi was in. She opened the door aggressively, making Dabi look up.

"I just thought I should be the one to tell you this, but I fucked your dad and it was fucking terrible." Y/N let him respond before she shut the door, then left the police station.

Y/N looked at her phone and groaned. "Shit, I'm going to be late." Quickly, she hailed a cab to go into the city.

Hawks and Y/N hadn't talked in weeks, but Isobel managed to snag her number off Hawks' phone. They had become pretty good friends and hung out a few times, so Isobel became her hairdresser. 

And if she was late, Isobel would have her head.

🌻🌻🌻

"I thought you were gonna be late," Isobell commented as Y/N burst through the door. 

"Yeah, and have you shave my head? I don't think so," Y/N plopped into the salon chair. "Are we still on for the movies tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm excited to see some hot girls kick some ass." Isobel grinned and winked at her in the mirror. "How was work today, gorgeous?"

"Well, a certained winged asshole dragged me out to question some guy, just to yell at me after." Y/N rolled her eyes, trying to cover her hurt with sarcasm.

"Tamaki did that?" Isobel asked as she started to do Y/N's hair. "What an asshole."

"Heroing isn't black and white, I guess." Y/N lifted a shoulder. "I mean, I literally have met the guy once. I..."

I don't know why it hurt so much.

"Y/N, this isn't like him. He'll come around." Isobel said, trying to comfort her friend. "He's an idiot, but he is the number two hero for a reason."

"It doesn't bother me, Isobel," Y/N lied, trying to wave her off. "We don't know each other and we've met once. It's fine."

Isobel's blue eyes narrowed slightly as she met Y/N's eyes in the relfection of the mirror. "You might not care, but I know he does."

a/n: heyooo! thanks for reading another chapter, i hoped you liked it! drink some water, get some rest, you deserve it :) don't forget to vote & comment, i want to hear your voice!