36: feathers that explode

Y/N lay on the floor in defeat. The bodies of the men she had killed were laying on the floor in their own blood.

She felt dead inside. Hollow.

They had dragged Hawks off what seemed like hours ago. She faced the wall because she couldn't bear to see Hawks' wings on the ground in the other room.

Y/N couldn't get his words out of her mind. 

I wish we never met.

Why did she just stay back at the cabin? God, his fucking wings are gone. She killed two people in a matter of seconds... she was fucking disgusting. Y/N frowned as her eyes found little spouts on the ground.

Y/N thought back to Dabi and worried about him as well. When she and Hawks found him he looked terrible. Y/N frowned as she remembered, sitting up slightly.

What did he say to them?

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's you.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure it's you," Y/N whispered to herself, slowing putting pieces together. Y/N went to the window and looked at herself in her reflection. She looked terrible. Her eyes were puffy from crying for hours, blood was splattered on her face and clothes and dried in her hair.

Y/N got close to the glass and opened her eyes widely to look at her pupils and her irises were almost completely gone.

Just like Dabi's.

Dabi wasn't convinced that Hawks and Y/N were real and he looked high as a kite which means...

"Oh shit," Y/N got to her feet. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit."

She ripped off a piece of her shirt and started stuffing the spouts with the cloth then rapidly searched the room for more spouts. When she found none, she quickly patted down the corpses but didn't find a weapon much to her dismay.

Y/N armed herself with the debris of the chair and waited.

"Seems as if you figured out my game, Miss L/N." The voice crackled through the speakers. "You two are no fun, you know."

"Where's Keigo?!" She yelled, anger lighting life in her chest. "Come in here and face me yourself, you bastard!"

The light snapped on and Y/N saw Hawks in the same room as last time. Hawks' wings weren't on the floor but attached to his back.

Now, neither one could explain it but as they met each other's eyes...they knew they were real.

They ran to the glass at the same time and placed their hands against it.

"Keigo, oh my god, listen, I know this sounds nuts but right now they're pumping some sort of--"

"Gas into our cells that make us see things," He gestured behind him so that Y/N could see that he had stuffed the spouts with what looked like a pillowcase. "It's really good to see you, sunflower."

Y/N could've cried at the tenderness in his voice and the caring in his eyes.

"Kid, is there dead bodies in there with you?" Hawks looked to the side to see the blood splattered on the glass and the man with a piece of chair impaling his stomach.

"Oh god, you see them too?" Y/N whispered, her face crumpling as she looked away. "That means I really killed them, Keigo."

"Hey, you did what you had to to survive, Y/N." Hawks said firmly. "Now, I need to you back up to the other side of the cell and cover your face."

"What?"

"I realize that I have feathers that can explode for some reason in this cell when I use them and this is only three-inch glass." Hawks rolled his shoulders out as Y/N ran to the other side of her cell. "Fire in the hole, fuckers!"

Y/N covered her face and protected her body as much as she could as she felt the blast and glass shatter. She looked up to see Hawks stepping over the glass and into her cell.

Y/N ran to him and practically jumped into his arms, pressing a hard kiss to his lips. As she kissed him, her hands went to his wings just so she could confirm they were there.

"Whoa, kid, I'm excited to see you too but maybe we should get out of here first." Hawks chuckled, hugged Y/N tightly. "C'mon, kid." He patted down the guards and produced a keycard from one of the men's jacket.

Hawks swiped the card and the door unlocked and they stepped outside. 

"We got five guys coming down the hallway, are you good?" Y/N asked, rolling out her shoulders and cracking her knuckles.

"Oh, that's fine." Hawks stepped out of the room and smiled at Y/N. "Let's charge 'em."

"Sir, yes sir." Y/N saluted.

They both let out a battle cry and charged, attacking the first person they could get their hands on. Hawks knocked a guard out cold as he saw Y/N in battle for the first time. She leapt onto a man's shoulders, using her momentum to flip him onto his back and taking out another guard's legs.

Y/N kicked the last man's chest so he was propelled toward Hawks, who grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the concrete floor.

"Never knew you were a show-off, kid." Hawks chuckled and Y/N just scoffed.

"We should head down to the basement, I'm sure they're still keeping Dabi there because of his quirk." Y/N grabbed a gun off of one of the guards' hip and turned off the safety then took the ammo as well. 

"How do you know how to do all of this?" Hawks questioned. "Am I still hallucinating?" 

"Gymnastics and my dad watched a lot of gun competitions when I was younger." Y/N shrugged. "Now, come one let's go get Dabi."

a/n: i'm still finishing this story today but it's like 12am & i am HUNGRY. imma make some mac n cheese then get back into it

I'll see u soon :))

don't forget to comment and vote!!