1: mind if i drop in?

The skyline always seemed to calm Y/N

The skyline always seemed to calm Y/N. Maybe it made her feel in control, but all she knew that watching the sunset calmed her. It didn't matter what happened that day, she could always find solace on the rooftops.

Today, tears streamed silently down her face as she looked up into the sky, which was a beautiful mixture of lilac purples and oranges. She was sat at the edge of the rooftop, wishing for the pain in her chest to leave.

But it stayed.

Tonight, the love of her life is marrying another woman.

"Mind if I drop in?" A gentle voice spoke, making Y/N almost jump out of her skin. "Sorry, I saw a pretty girl crying on a roof, I kinda have to check-in."

The winged hero, Hawks, floated in front of her, a soft look in his eyes and a playful smile on his lips.

"H-hawks!" Y/N wiped her tears hastily on her sleeve. "Oh god, this probably looks bad--I'm not going to kill myself, I swear!"

He chuckled deeply. "Well, that's the answer I was hoping for." Hawks set himself next to her, tucking his wings behind his back. "But I recognize a broken heart when I see one."

"What?"

"You heard me, kid." He let his head fall back to the sky but watched her from the corner of his vision. "Tell me what happened."

"Uh," She sniffled, dabbing at her eyes with the corner of her sleeve. "The love of my life is marrying another person tonight." She gestured to the black dress she was wearing. "I'm an honored guest."

Hawks sucked in sharply through his teeth. "That's rough, kid."

Y/N snorted, feeling more tears spring to his eyes.

"Why didn't you say no?" He asked curiously, his amber eyes gleaming. 

"I couldn't." Y/N's voice broke and she smiled hopelessly. Her eyes fell to her open palms on her lap. "I just couldn't."

He hummed thoughtfully. "And it's tonight?"

"In a few hours."

"Well," Hawks jumped to his feet, teetering dangerously to the edge of the rooftop. "I'm going with you as your plus one. And if you had one before this, no you didn't." He placed his hands on his hips, looking her up and down. "And we need to get you to a salon."

Y/N didn't know whether to be completely grateful to the famous hero or incredibly offended.

"We don't even know each other!" Y/N exclaimed and he gave her a dazzling smile.

He squatted down next to her, looking like an actual hawk. Their faces were close, a smirk on the hero's face.

He took her hand in his, kissing her knuckles. "Keigo Takami. And you are?"

She giggled, despite the gnawing feeling in her chest. "Y/N. Y/N L/N."

"A beautiful name to match an even prettier face," She squeaked, face turning aflame. He laughed heartily, taking Y/N's hand and hauling her to her feet. "We've even got great chemistry, kid! This is going to be a walk in the park."

"I-I can't ask you to do this, Hawks."

"Well, kid, it's a good thing you're not asking." Hawks held both of her hands in his gloved ones. "Plus, this technically counts as hero work."

"How generous of you, hero," Y/N's sarcasm was cut off by a sudden closeness of Hawks pulling her to his chest, wrapping his arms around her torso. "What are you--?"

"You might wanna hold on, kid." Hawks smirked at her dangerously and Y/N's eyes widened slightly and instantly clung onto the hero.

Flying isn't all that it's cracked up to be, Y/N can tell you that.

Y/N squeezed her eyes shut, clinging onto the man for dear life.

She screamed, one of her arms over Hawk's shoulders and the other one under his armpit with her fingers gripping onto his jacket. And just for a safe measure, her legs were locked around his waist.

Hawks was warm, though. It was a drastic contrast to the cold air around them.

"Although I never complain about having a beautiful woman wrap her legs around my waist, but you can let go now." Y/N's eyes snapped open to see that they were finally on the ground and not hundreds of feet in the air.

"Oh fuck," Y/N quickly untangled herself from Hawks, blushing madly.

"Yeah, they usually say that, too," He smirked and Y/N smacked his shoulder. "I mean, c'mon, you walked right into that one."

The smile faded from her lips as she took in their surroundings. "Where are we?"

"Well, you're going to show this fella what he's missing." Hawks crossed his arms and stared at Y/N defiantly, almost daring her to object. "And you're not going like that."

"What's wrong with the dress?" Y/N asked genuinely, looking down at her outfit. "I thought it was modest."

"Exactly." Hawks dialed a number quickly on his phone and brought it to his ear. "Listen, kid, think of me as your birdy-godmother."

"Hawks--"

"Yeah, hi, Isobel," Hawks cut her off. "Remember that favor you owe me?"