11: you're like lightning in a bottle

Y/N went up to her rooftop to think after work

Y/N went up to her rooftop to think after work. She had a small garden on the top of the apartment where she grew tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, and various herbs and spices. 

Y/N had changed out of her work clothes into black sweatpants and an old All Might shirt that she had gotten when she was a teenager. Her hair was tied back and though it was well into the night, she was sweating from the work she was doing.

Right now, she had been working on a flower bed with flower starters she bought from the market on her way home.

Y/N had turned on bright work-lights so she could see in front of her, but with her headphones plugged in, she was shut off from the world. It was like her own little world where no one could bother her.

Y/N was singing to herself under her breath, dancing slightly while doing her work. "Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle, I can't let you go now that I got it,"

Images of Hawks' smiling widely at her and dancing the night of the wedding flashed in her head and she flinched.

Not me crushing on the number two hero because he showed me a small amount of affection. Y/N thought to herself, straightening her back while dusting off her hands from dirt before placing them on her hips.

"And now all I need is to be struck by your electric love,"

Y/N was too deep in thought to notice anything around her, so when she felt a tap on her shoulder, she screeched, swinging the shovel behind her to attack.

While doing so, her headphones were ripped out of her ears just in time to hear:

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, KID!" 

Y/N stopped the shovel mere inches from connecting from Hawks' temple before hastily jerking it back.

"Hawks, I could have killed you! Why do you feel the urge to sneak up on women at night?" Y/N exclaimed.

"Yeah, nice to see you too, kid." Hawks replied and Y/N glared at him.

"What? You done with your temper tantrum?" Y/N jeered, tossing the shovel to the ground. "Or better yet, I bet you need my quirk to get more information out of your buddy down at the station. If he's still even there."

"I'm sorry."

Once Y/N actually looked at Hawks, she noticed he looked different.

"You know what Isobel said the night of the wedding? That I had been sulking for months?" Hawks asked. "Yeah, she was right. I hadn't got out of my bed for anything else but work in months. But you helped me that night just as much as I helped you."

Hawks shifted his feet slightly and cleared his throat. "You're my friend, Y/N. I shouldn't have snapped like that."

Y/N sighed heavily while crossing her arms over her chest. "You fucking suck, bird brains."

"I know." He looked so defeated, even his wings drooped.

Without a word, Y/N wrapped her arms around his torso, her ear on his chest. "You still suck." Hawks chuckled, placing his arms around her.

"I know." Hawks wrinkled his nose. "Why are you so sweaty, it's like ten at night?"

"Now," Y/N pulled away from the winged hero's embrace. "Did you let him go?"

"No, he but he agreed to some sort of deal." Hawks shoved his hands in his pockets. "He agreed to take down some pretty big named villains to work with us specifically."

"Is that why you made up with me, Hawks?" Y/N teased and Hawks' scoffed.

"No, because I'm telling you so say no to this. I'm obligated to ask you, but I don't want you to do this." Hawks' beautiful honey colored eyes watched Y/N intently. "I shouldn't have brought you in to talk to Toya."

"Well, it's in the past. But you know I won't turn this job down." Y/N shook her head. "For a simple paper pusher such as myself, I'm just dying for a little excitement."

Hawks cringed as she used his own insult against him. 

"I was afraid you were going to say that." He sighed, turning his eyes heavenward. "God help us."

a/n: hey! you made it to the end of the chapter! thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote and comment...i really wanna hear your voice! drink some water & get some rest :)