8: what's the mission?

It had been weeks since the wedding and Y/N hadn't heard from Hawks since the night she cried to him on the phone

The next day, Y/N just went back to her 9-5 office job, almost forgetting about Hawks entirely. Alex getting married was almost a good thing for Y/N. She realized that since he was married, there was just no hope for them and so she could focus on the bigger things in life.

Y/N got a promotion that she was working for and everything seemed to be looking up.

"Miss L/N?" Y/N looked up from her desk to see the office's receptionist in her doorway. "You have a visitor."

Y/N's brows scrunched together. "Who is it?"

The receptionist looked nervous as she glanced behind her. "Um, Hawks, miss."

Suddenly the winged hero pushed past her into Y/N's office. "Hey, kid. Nice place you got here." He gave her a cocky smile, his honey eyes gleaming.

"Hawks!" Y/N exclaimed in surprise. "Mandy, thank you for bringing him in. You can go now."

"You're welcome, Miss L/N." Mandy bowed politely and hurried out of the room.

"You miss me, kid?" He crossed his arms over his chest still giving her a smug smile. He was wearing his hero suit again, so she knew he was on the job.

"Listen, birdbrains, I've got things I've got to do today, so tell me what you need." She leaned back in her office chair, crossing one leg over the other and twirling a pen in one hand. "What do I owe the pleasure, Hawks?"

"I need you for a mission I'm on," He sat across from her desk, plopping himself in a leather chair. "Your quirk is pretty useful in the police force."

"Why do you think I'm a lawyer, birdbrains?" Y/N teased, chewing on the end of her pen thoughtfully. "What's the mission?"

"Glad you asked." Hawks tossed a file from under his coat on her desk. Y/N leaned forward and flipped through it. "I'm looking for someone. I'm thinking the person we got in custody will know but he's not cracking."

"Dabi?" Y/N looked up from the file. "Why is this guy so important?"

"He's part of the League of Villains. I'm hoping we can see exactly what they want with All Might and why they want him dead." Hawks looked serious so Y/N decided not to joke about this. "I already cleared you for work, if you're willing."

"Count me in, birdbrains." Y/N stood and got her coat. "I can get you what you need."

🌻🌻🌻

Hawks lead Y/N into the police station while giving her a rundown of Dabi.

"He's a pretty manipulative guy and even more dangerous. He's a real villain, not like the kind of people you see on the streets mugging old ladies." Hawks warned her, a hand on her lower back as they pushed past the bustle of people in the station.

They stopped outside an interrogation room.

"If you get too uncomfortable, just let me know. I'll get you out the second you say so."

"Hawks, I'm gonna be fine." Y/N lifted her chin up confidently. "You got a list of questions?" He headed her a yellow legal pad full of notes and questions.

"And uh, I know we haven't talked in a bit...but how are you doing?" Hawks lowered his voice so no one around him could hear.

"We're about to interrogate a very dangerous villain and you want to know how I'm doing weeks after not talking to me?" Y/N cocked an eyebrow at him and he blushed slightly. "We'll catch up later."

Y/N pushed open the door to find an extremely terrifying-looking man sitting in handcuffs in front of her. She didn't flinch or hesitate to sit at the table across from him. Dabi had piercing blue eyes matched with dark black hair.

The most jarring thing about his appearance was the staples and dark purple skin grafts that covered most of his skin.

"Hello, Dabi." Y/N remained professional, not letting her eyes wander. "I'm Y/N."

"You're the big guns that the oversized bird called in?" Dabi drawled, raising a brow and leaning back in his seat as far as his cuffs would let him. "You're just a girl."

"Yeah, I am," Y/N leaned back in her chair as well, mimicking Dabi's actions with a small smile on her features. "And I'm gonna figure out everything in that head of yours."

a/n: hey, friend! thanks for reading this chapter! i'm real excited for this story arc i have sketched out...i hope you are too! drink some  water, get some rest and I'll see you in the next chapter

don't forget to vote and comment!