5: sunflower

Hawks wasn't stupid

Hawks wasn't stupid. 

He saw what Alex was doing to Y/N.

The semi-longing looks to Y/N as he danced with his wife, the way he looked at her if the priest asked if there were any objections to their wedding. 

Alex was trailing her along because he liked the attention. Hawks had seen this kind of shitty people before and he would be damned if he let Y/N be sucked into his pitiful charade any longer.

"C'mon, kid." Hawks stood, holding out his hand. "Dance with me."

"O-oh, Keigo, I don't really dance--"

"Y/N, will you sway with me, then?" He grinned at her and Y/N rolled her eyes slowly. "I'll take that as a yes." Hawks took Y/N's hand and pulled her onto the dance floor which was crowded with wedding guests just Electric Love by Borns blasted through the speakers.

"Candy, she's sweet like candy in my veins. Baby, I'm dying for another taste," Hawks guided Y/n to the beat of the music, making her giggle at their closeness and also Hawks' goofy energy. "And every night my mind is running around her. Thunder's getting louder and louder...."

He started to sing along, just loud enough so Y/N could hear it. "C'mon, sing with me."

"What?! No, I won't sing--"

"BABY, YOU'RE LIKE LIGHTING IN  A BOTTLE, I CAN'T LET YOU GO NOW THAT I GOT IT!" Hawks belted out the lyrics and Y/N burst out laughing. Hawks held Y/N close to him, giving more exaggeration to their movements.

Everyone around them saw the number two hero having the time of his life and everyone joined in singing at the top of their lungs.

Y/N gave in and yelled the lyrics as well. "AND NOW ALL I NEED IS TO BE STRUCK BY YOUR ELECTRIC LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEE!" Hawks cheered, twirling her around then catching her back in his arms.

"You never told me you could sing, kid!" The winged hero exclaimed, smiling brightly at her.

"You've known me for less than ten hours, there's a lot I haven't told you!" Y/N yelled over the music, her heart beating wildly, and her head feeling light with happiness. On the dance floor with Hawks and a bunch of strangers, she forgot all about her pain.

"You make my heart beat like the rain...surround me. Hold me deep beneath your waves," 

Hawks grinned at Y/N. "I hope to change that!"

"And every night my mind is running around her. Thunders getting louder and louder and louder,"

Y/N smiled up at him. "Yeah...me, too."

"Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle. I can't let you go now that I've got it. And now all I need to to be struck by your electric love..."

Y/N's smile fell off her face as the song ended and the DJ spoke. "And now, we have a special request from the groom, ladies, and gents! Sunflower by Harry Styles!"

She gasped as the familiar melody flowed through the speakers.

"What? What's wrong?" Hawks asked earnestly.

"This...this was the song that was playing when he said he loved me." Y/N felt shellshocked he would even request this song at his own wedding.

"Well," Hawks gently caressed her chin, holding Y/N as close to him as possible. "Tonight, it's our song."

"Keigo, I don't know if I can--"

"Y/N." This was the first time Hawks had used her name. "Tonight, it's our song."

Hawks was so sincere and genuine that it threw off all of Y/N's panic. He took her hand, leading her in a slow dance. He leaned his forehead on hers, amber eyes gazing into her own.

He sang the lyrics softly just to give her something to focus on. "I couldn't want you anymore. Kiss in the kitchen like it's a dance floor. I couldn't want you anymore tonight,"

"If this is all just a ruse to take off your music career, you should've just said so," Y/N breathed out, letting out an anxious laugh as she calmed down. He threw his head back slightly in laughter.

"Sunflower, my eyes want you more than a melody. Let me inside. Wish I could get to know you,"

Just like Hawks had said...they had chemistry. 

Y/N's back was to Alex, Hawks made sure of that. He shot him a glare and held Y/N closer as the two males met eyes. He winked at him, placing a lingering kiss on Y/N's cheek who squeaked in surprise.

"What was that for?" Y/N asked, clearly flustered.

"You've had a rough night. You deserve it."

"Sunflowers just died. Keep it sweet in your memory. I'm still tongue-tied,"

a/n: hawks would be a harry styles stan for sure

thank you so much for reading! comment and let me know what you think!