Chapter | 27√

Merry Christmas!🎅🎄🎁⛄🎊🎀🎉I love you guys so much and please stay safe.

Song - Rewrite the stars (Zach Efron and Zendaya)

Nadia stood close to the room window, as she used her index finger to draw a smiley face on her mist-covered window.
She then used her palm to clean it off, before looking outside. The ground and trees were covered in snow and nobody dared go out, afraid they will freeze over.

Even in her white-colored oversized puffer jacket, white shirt, jeans, and blue beanie, Nadia was shivering. She looked towards Freya, who was laying on her bed and reading a book, just in shorts and a T-shirt. It looked as if she was dressed for the beach on a hot summer day.

Nadia huffed and turned back to look out the window, this was the time she wished she could use her powers freely. She could touch a fire or water Elementalist and won't feel a bit cold.

She looked towards the wall clock above Joanne's bed. 4.51. She was meant to meet up with Jace at 5.00 he had something important to tell her. She pulled up the hood of her jacket and walked out of the room. She was on the stairs that lead out of the dormitory to the hallways when she met Mia. She greeted her and was about to walk past her when Mia called her back.

"Yes?" Nadia asked, wanting to get these over with because she still had to meet up with Jace.

"I want to talk to you about something," Mia said.

"Can't it wait? I kinda have somewhere to go."

"I won't take much of your time," Mia assured.

"But..." Nadia started to protest.

Mia cut her off, "Is about why I don't want you with Jace, if I don't say it now, I don't think I will have the mind to say it later."

Nadia thought about it. She did want to know why Mia was so against her hanging out with Jace. Jace can wait she decided

"Alright."

Mia pulled into the empty classroom. They were now on holiday, so students will either roam around the hallways, in the cafeteria, in their dorms, or other places.

Mia took in a deep breath and started, "It is known to be, that demons are bad news, you suppose to associate with them. They cause disturbances for pleasure, they kill for pleasure, they care only about themselves."

Nadia listened attentively, wondering where she was going with this. Mia had already told her all these before, this was nothing new.

"I'm going to tell you a story," Mia took another deep breath and closed her eyes like she was trying to compose herself. When she opened them they were filled with tears. Tears that she was trying so hard to hold back.

"My parents, they were...” she struggled to speak, “they were killed by demons."

Nadia's eyes widened in shock. She opened and closed her mouth, not knowing what to say, until she managed a; "I'm sorry."

"Not only them but almost my whole town was also wiped out. I escaped with a few others, that was when I discovered my ability, it helped me get to safety real fast."

Mia's voice was shaking, but she continued, "When I got to the next town, I started pick-pocketing, I started stealing, I was so good at it and it was nothing to be proud of! Well, all that stopped when a Senser found me, and I was brought to Forestlands."

"They killed them, Nadia!" Mia broke into loud sobs. "Demons took the only people I had left!"

Nadia immediately took her into her arms, muttering reassuring words, trying to keep her tears at bay. She felt the pain Mia was feeling, she knew exactly how Mia was feeling, for she had lost her family too but that was her fault.