Chapter | 24√

🗝Dorm Room 45

Mia paced the length of her room in worry, she was dressed in her pajamas. Her hair is in a ponytail and her bangs fall above her eyes. She was worried for her friend.

“I seriously don't trust that demon, Jace. I don't trust any of his specie!”

Faryal looked up from the book she was reading, giving her total attention to her friend. Their other roommates were in the bathroom, showering, giving them enough time to discuss in private.

“What is it this time Mia, the tests are coming up next week. I need to read,” Faryal's soft and gentle voice filled the room.

Faryal was the quiet type, just speaking up when necessary or when asked a question. Faryal had a kind and gentle soul, just like how a child of an angel is meant to be. She was the peacemaker in their group and settled conflicts when they got too heated.

Faryal had never met her father, her mother had told her that he left when she was born. She had been angry and sad but after she got her wings for the first time, two years ago when she was sixteen, she finally understood. She was scared to go home, but a Senser saw her and explained what she was.

She understand a little that her father had duties but why did he wed the mother anyway if he knew he couldn't stay? When she went home along with her Senser, everything was explained to the mother. Faryal was afraid of rejection but her mother was overjoyed, she hugged her and called her a gift from Allah. Faryal was immediately sent to forestlands

“It's Nadia. She's falling for that Jace guy and it's going to end badly. Things never go well with demons, they are aggressive and they act irrationally when angered ” Mia explained, frustrated.

Faryal exhaled, exasperated. “Nadia is not a child Mia, we can't tell her what to do and what not to do.”

“But you said it before, demons are bad news, since the very beginning. We need to help her, she's thinking with her heart, not her head,” Mia tried to persuade her, her tone coming out as desperate.”

“I gave her my advice as her friend. If she doesn't want to take it, that's not my problem. I can't force someone to do what they don't want.”

Mia walked to Faryal's bed and sat on it, before taking her right hand into hers. “You know about my first encounter with his kind, Faryal,” she said in a small voice. “I don't want anything bad to happen to one of my friends.”

Faryal took Mia into her embrace, proving her with the comfort she needed. “Let's see how it goes, alright? If Nadia likes Jace as you said and chooses to be with him, we will be there to help her if any things go wrong. Okay?”

“Okay,” Mia whispered.

Boys dorm
🗝Room 15

“I like her a lot, Bry”

Jace confessed, annoying an irritated Bryan who was trying to get some sleep. Demons didn't necessarily need sleep but they still did because they wanted to feel more like the other students in the institute. They were the only students in their dorm room, they were not meant to have a third roommate.

“Do you think I should tell her?” Jace - who was seated, leaning against the headboard - asked, turning to look at his friend who was face down on his pillow.

“I don't know,” his voice was muffled but Jace still heard him, thanks to his enhanced hearing.

“But her friend, Mia,” he seethed. “She keeps getting in the way.”

“Get rid of her,” please shut up and let me sleep. Do I look like cupid?

Jace did think of that but that will result in Nadia not wanting to see him again. “That's definitely not an option. I think I'm going to tell her, yes I will.”