Chapter | 13√

Nadia shut her eyes tightly, ready to be reprimanded by the teacher. But when she heard nothing, she opened her eyes, only to see she was on the field.

Woah, how did I get here? She wondered in Amazement. I need to see Nurse Anya but first, where is that vampire?

She searched her surroundings. Having not seen him after some time, she concluded that he was already inside the school building.

She searched the hallways, meeting with different teachers at intervals who questioned her on why she wasn't in class. She always explained the situation and showed them the pass the nurse had given her.

She finally gave up, thinking that maybe he has gone to class. She turned into another hallway, only to bump into someone.

"Sorry," she quickly apologized.

"I've been looking for you everywhere," she looked up to see Ahryan, staring down at her.

"What did he say?" he asked, concerned. "I hope you're not in trouble because of me."

"No, I am not. I got out before he could see me."

"But how?" he asked confused.

"I teleported."

"You didn't tell us you are a hybrid."

"I'm not."

"But you just told me that you teleported. Elementalists can't do that."

Nadia just shrugged. He was about to say something else when someone interrupted them by calling Nadia. They both turned around to see Makena who had a guilty and apologetic look on her face. She walked over to them.

"I want to speak to Nadia," She told Ahryan.

He smiled. "Go ahead, I'm not stopping you."

"Alone," she clarified.

"If you want to say anything, say it. I won't tell anyone."

Makena smiled sweetly and said, "Ok, you can stay..."

Ahryan grinned but that quickly dropped when she adds.

"But that means I will have to tell Faryal that you're dodging classes."

Ahryan quickly turned around and started walking away.

"That's what I thought." she turned to Nadia. "He's really scared of his cousin."

"Yeah," Nadia agreed.

There was an awkward silence until they both simultaneously said;

"I wanted..."

"You see..."

There was an awkward pause.

Nadia quickly said, "You go first."

"I wanted to apologize for yesterday," Makena began. "I shouldn't have said what I said and I really shouldn't have said it was your fault, you were just trying to help a friend. You were right, we should have told you the rules."

Nadia smiled softly. "It's okay. I understood and I still understand. You said all that you said in a fit of rage. I accept your apology."

"So, we are still friends?" Makena asked hopefully.

"Yeah friends," Nadia stretched her arms for a hug but Makena quickly moved back.

"Sorry, I don't do hugs," she explained

"Me neither," Nadia quickly said, bringing her arms back to her side. "I was just...erm...stretching my arms."

Makena let out a snort just as the bell rang and students started rushing out of their classes.