Chapter | 12√

“Everything will be okay, your body is functioning properly,” Nurse Anya stated.

Nadia was seated on the bed, after going through many tests to figure out why her powers had stopped working. Principal Victoria and Miss Campbell were on either side of her bed.

Nurse Anya had informed the principal due to her being in charge of the students and needing to know about their wellbeing and Miss Campbell who is an earth Elementalist like Nadia and could probably know what is going on.

“I've never been reported with any case like this since my time in Forestlands. It has never even been heard of in the history of ForestLands,” the principal said, baffled by the situation.

“I've also never heard of any Elementalist losing their powers," Miss Campbell chimed in.

“Do you think so one must have done something intentionally or unintentionally to her?” asked, the principal.

Nurse Anya shook her head. “No, everything is okay with her, there are no poison or traces of anything in her blood. Her body is functioning properly. Everything okay, at least physically.”

Nadia who was sitting on the bed, fiddling with the hem of her blazer, asked worriedly, “Is my ability gone forever?”

Nurse Anya placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “No, it's probably because of stress, you should take some time to relax and they will definitely come back,” Nurse Anya assured her, even though she wasn't so sure about it.

“Sure?"

“Sure. Why don't you take the day off, go to your dorm, and rest.”

Nadia complied got off the bed and walked out the door.

Miss Campbell turned to the nurse. “I don't think you should be giving her false hope.”

Nurse Anya got offended. “I'm a nurse, I am supposed to keep my patients calm, not panicked.”

Principal Victoria cleared her throat to get their attention. “I want to see you two, in my office. Now“ she ordered.

Nadia was walking down the empty hallway when she heard heavy foot thuds behind her. She quickly spun around to see Aryan running towards her at normal human speed and also waving. She looked back, wondering if there was someone behind her but there was no one.

Is he waving at me? She thought confused.

He stopped before her, looking like he hadn't run at all. “Salam”

She looked behind her to make sure again but still no one. She turned back to him and asked, “Are you talking to me?”

Ahryan pursed his lips and shook his head. “No, I'm talking to the troll behind you. Of course, I'm talking to you.”

Although he had made it clear, she still had to say, “You know I'm Nadia, right? Like Alexandra Crawford. The earth Elementalist who arrived like a week ago. You are standing before her.”

“I Know! I'm not blind,” he snapped, annoyed.

“Aren't you supposed to be in class?” she asked the first question that came to her mind, still in shock at the fact that he was talking to her.

“Aren't you supposed to be in class?” he retorted.

She didn't answer and he didn't answer her question either. It was an awkward silence as they waited for one of them to speak first.

Okay, he is talking to me. why is he talking to me? “Why are you talking to me?”

“I need your help” he seriously said.