Chapter | 34√

Nadia knocked hesitantly on Jace's door and waited. Seconds later, she heard footsteps coming towards the door and it flew open. She took a quick step back when Bryan opened the door.

“What?” he asked, wearing an annoyed expression.

“I-I...” she quickly cleared her throat. “I came to see Jace.”

“He isn't around,” he said, gruffly. He made to close the door but Nadia quickly inserted her foot.

Bryan looked down at her, annoyed.

“I know he's in there,” she said quickly. “Please, tell him to see me.”

“I just told you that-”

“It's fine Bry,” Jace said from behind him.

Bryan cast Nadia a dirty look before moving away from the door.

“Hi Jace,” Nadia meekly greeted.

Jace crossed his arms and leaned on the door frame. “I was doing some important work before you interrupted me, so make it quick, ” he told her. His face was passive.

Nadia breathed in deeply. Wringing her fingers together, she said, “Look Jace, I'm sorry about what happened. I shouldn't have done what I did, playing with your feelings like that. I promise I won't do it again, would you please forgive me.”

Jace's face was as blank as a plain sheet. “If this is why you called me out here, then I better get back to work.”

Nadia's face fell.

He turned to go back into his room but Nadia quickly stopped him. He faced her with a raised eyebrow. She reached into her pocket and brought out his pendant, handing it over to him. “Thanks.”

He took it, their fingers brushing, causing Nadia to quickly withdrew her hand. Jace stared at the pendant for a while before clasping it tightly. He made to walk into the room when she stopped him again.

“What now?” he spun around in annoyance.

He was taken aback when Nadia pressed her lips to his. Before he could think of reciprocating, she had already pulled away and was already sprinting down the corridor.

Jace brought his fingertips to his lips, trying to comprehend what has just happened.

Bryan who was seated on his bed, and had watched everything place out, pulled a face and uttered, “You guys make me sick.”

Nadia was walking towards the library when Elijah stopped her. “Hey Nadia, have you seen Ahryan?”

“Yeah, I saw him by Faryal's locker on my way here,” she answered.

He thanked her and was about to walk away when the bracelet on his right wrist caught her attention. She took his hand and examined it. It was a golden bracelet with red stones embedded in it.

“Wow, where did you get this?” Nadia asked, looking at the tiny symbols inscribed between the stones. They looked familiar.

“A friend gave it to me,” he answered, proudly.

Nadia looked at him. “What do these symbols mean?”

Elijah shrugged. “I don't know. Are they supposed to mean something?” he then added, “I have to go. See you later,” he pulled his arm and walked away.

Nadia stared after him, wondering where she had seen those symbols.

27th October, 2020.