46 | it's temporary

"So when are you guys coming back?" Hoseok asked, brushing his fingers through his hair locks and Taehyung smiled at the screen.

"Yeah this weekend I guess. I feel suffocated here ugh! Our parents are so homophobic, God." Taehyung sighed laying on the bed and saw the other sigh as well, "Hey it's fine. Get back here soon. I've been missing y'all."

"You don't know how much I wanna get back to our dorm. We are always scared about being caught." Taehyung massaged his temple and pulled his phone up stretching.

"Well doesn't seem like that. You both have been wild." Hoseok laughed out that made Taehyung blush and look away, "What, no?"

"I can see that. Those are hickeys man, I'm not blind."

"There are a lot of mosquitoes y'know?" Taehyung shyly tried making an excuse but knew it was futile when Hoseok laughed even harder.

"Now, Jeongguk is a mosquito?"

"Okay, shut up." Taehyung was embarrassed. Before he could say something else, he heard his door open and saw it was his boyfriend walking in with a wide smile on his face.

Jeongguk locked the door behind and mouthed, "End the call."

"Hoseokkie, I'mma call you later." with that the red head ended the call like he was told and sat up with a stupid grin adorning his lips, "Gguk."

"Baby." Jeongguk threw himself on his boyfriend's bed. The other immediately laid down beside him and hugged him, "I missed you."

"I missed you more." Jeongguk placed a small kiss on the other's lips before wrapping his arms around his waist and pulled him closer.

Taehyung's heart rate picked the pace, he smiled softly shutting his eyes close feeling the other's palm against his skin when he slipped it under his tee.

"You're so gorgeous, baby." Jeongguk peppered Taehyung's face with kisses; on his cheeks, on his nose, eyes, lips. Everywhere.

"Only in your eyes." the red head whispered, his hot breath hitting Jeongguk's lips.

"Were you serious about that forever thing?" Jeongguk asked when Taehyung rested his head on his chest that made him sit up.

"What do you mean? You really know how to ruin good times, don't you?"

"Babe, I just asked― I mean were you serious about that?"

"Why would I joke about that? Jeongguk I clearly said that I want something long lasting―" Taehyung almost shouted in disbelief. His eyes were already getting glassy due to the fact that Jeongguk was asking him that.

So Jeongguk doesn't want the same― Taehyung got a hint of that.

He won't lie that he didn't fall deeper than ever for his best friend but he won't ever admit that, after knowing for Jeongguk he was like other girls, just for some months and then poof.

He won't ever admit that he could see his future with him that he can imagine getting old with him. That he wants to give him his all.

"Uhm, Tae―" Jeongguk trailed off. Scratching the back of his neck, he nervously smiled, "Forever thingy isn't for us right? I mean isn't it too early to say that? I like you, a lot― more than anyone else I've dated and that makes you special too but again, I don't really think we will be together after some months or max a year."

"You understand what I'm saying?" the red head said and Taehyung nodded. He should've known that and shouldn't have expected Jeongguk to feel the same.

It was stupid.

"You're right, it's too early to say that." the red head nodded again, his heart breaking into thousands of pieces.

No one can predict the future and it wasn't guaranteed that they are gonna be together after years but the fact that Jeongguk couldn't even imagine it was heart shattering.

"That's why you don't wanna tell our parents about us? Because you know that we aren't gonna be together for long?"

"Uh Tae, it's just― you are probably the only boy I've dated and will probably ever date so telling them and creating an unnecessary hassle is just not worth it." Jeongguk reasoned, his hands reaching up to cup Taehyung's cheeks who bit his bottomlip and choked back a tear.

"Uh huh, you're right. But I'mma tell it someday cause I don't think after us, I will just date girls. I guess I'm more into boys." Taehyung laughed. At this point, both felt like they weren't boyfriends, they were back to being best friends.

"Don't worry, won't drag you in this." Taehyung assured and Jeongguk sighed leaning closer and pushed his lips on the others.

Taehyung shut his eyes and stayed like that, he didn't move his lips resulting Jeongguk to pull away with a disappointed expression, "What happened, babe?"

"Listen here, Tae." Jeongguk nipped Taehyung's cheek and smiled softly, "I like you a lot, like a lot honestly and please don't think about the future and ruin our present days and it can also be like, you're the one for me, it's just a matter of time."

Jeongguk smiled but Taehyung knew he said that only because he doesn't wanna hurt him and even doesn't wanna end things just now.

It's just temporary, I'm temporary― Taehyung thought as Jeongguk hugged him. This time he didn't just stay there and hugged back.

"Forget we ever talked about this Tae. Please. Let's not think about the future."

Taehyung was numb in Jeongguk's arms who started leaving small butterfly kisses on his neck.

How can Jeongguk even tell him to not think about all this when he thought that they were going to last forever?

How stupid of Jeon Jeongguk!

-