26 | honestly not happy

Taehyung was settled on his usual seat that was the second one from the back. He looked at the entrance door to see if Jeongguk was still here or not. The captain of the basketball team of the campus had to discuss something with him so they couldn't come together.

"Hey." someone called and Taehyung saw that it was Hyunjin, the pretty boy who asked him out yesterday.

"Hey Hyunjin!" Taehyung greeted back and a smile adorned his lips, "How are you?"

"Honestly, I've been waiting for your answer. I wanted to even call you but didn't as you of course need time." Hyunjin smiled, looking really nervous, "So, what do you think about me? I mean I don't even know if you are into boys or not, Oh God!"

"Hyunjin, you're such a great guy but I've been seeing someone and so-" Taehyung said remembering Namjoon breaking the other's heart, "I'm so sorry."

"Oh it's fine. Uhm but in future if you want-" Hyunjin couldn't form words and hung his head low.

"What are you guys doing?" Taehyung peeked behind the boy and saw his best friend walking towards them with a prominent frown upon his face.

"I will just leave." Hyunjin said with a heavy heart and Taehyung again mumbled, "I am so sorry, Hyunjinnie."

"Ah it's fine."

"Bro, was he here to again ask you out?" Jeongguk asked and Taehyung sighed, "I feel so bad for turning him down like that."

"There is nothing to feel bad about. He doesn't deserve to be with you." Jeongguk slid his backpack down his arm and rested it on the chair while Taehyung just crossed his arms over his chest, "Then who deserves me?"

"You're too precious." Jeongguk ruffled his hair while Taehyung huffed.

"You don't need anyone."

"What the fuck, Jeon Jeongguk, I can't be single forever. Just because of your stupid illogical thoughts. No please."

-

Jeongguk was late because of a girl who asked him out but still managed to get rid of her and was walking to the cafeteria but knitted his brows when he saw Namjoon sitting beside his best friend.

"Oof, why is he here? Doesn't he have other friends?" he mumbled walking ahead and faked a smile as soon as he and Namjoon had an eye contact.

"How are you feeling today?" Namjoon asked taking a sip of that orange juice and the raven head just noticed how this senior and his best friend was sharing one straw.

He glared at Taehyung;; who didn't have any clue of what's going on in his mind and just sipped some juice from that exact same straw.

"What do you mean, hyung?" Jeongguk again smiled which was so fake.

"You had fever right?" the senior questioned and smiled when suddenly, Taehyung intertwined their fingers, "Yeah but he is fine now, right Gguk?"

"Mhm hmm, I am super fine. Taehyung took care of me well." he said through gritted teeth, his eyes darting into their laced fingers.

"I feel so single, you guys look so cute together, ugh!" Hoseok commented, with a mouthful of donuts resulting Jeongguk to just roll his eyes, "Not really."

"What do you mean by not really? I knew you were a jerk but actually you can be a dick. Who says that oof!" Hoseok was totally annoyed at the comment Jeongguk passed that made Namjoon a little uncomfortable.

But he of course didn't show it.

"Don't mind him." Taehyung whispered against the other's ear and smiled scooting closer and gently pressed his lips on the other's, pecking them.

"Oh my God, oh my God!" Hoseok squealed at this small cute moment that left Jeongguk along with Namjoon baffled.

One was too happy.

The other was digging graves in his mind.

"Did you just-?" Namjoon couldn't form words and smiled so widely, his dimple popping that made Taehyung coo, "Yes I did, hyung."

"Will you date me?" Taehyung finally asks to which Namjoon nodded immediately, "Yes, of course, gorgeous."

"Fucking finally." Hoseok let out a chuckle and smiled at the two who smiled back.

Taehyung stole a glance at his best friend who looked down at his lap and said nothing.

"Jeongguk doesn't seem happy about it." Namjoon noticed how he was sitting all quiet, didn't even smile.

"Honestly hyung, I don't want Tae to date you. That's why yes, I am not happy." Jeongguk said what was in his mind and Namjoon took a deep breath, "But why?"

"I don't know, just know that I don't want this. But if you both want it then okay." Jeongguk was being selfish one right now.

Taehyung panicked and held Namjoon's hand tightly, "He is kidding."

"I am not."

"Jeongguk, stop this-" Taehyung angrily said.

"I swear to God, enough of your bullshit! Fuck, you don't have the right to talk about us like that." Taehyung was about to stand up and punch Jeongguk but didn't when Namjoon grabbed his wrist stopping him from starting a fight.

"I can't date you Taehyung." Namjoon said with a faint smile on his lips, "I don't wanna be the one for whom two best friends will fight."

"Joonie, no. He is insane. He doesn't know what he mostly talks about." Taehyung gulped after and nervously bit his bottom lip, "He is totally an asshole!"

"But he is your best friend and you were almost going to pick a fight with him because of me. That's not right." the senior pulled himself to his feet, and was about to leave but didn't when Taehyung spoke.

"Joonie, a best friend should be supportive and Jeongguk isn't being like one and you can't leave me for his stupid comments right?"

"I know he is being a terrible best friend but babe, you gotta be a good friend. If he is okay with us then I am right here." Jeongguk glared at the senior as he spoke and shut his eyes, mumbling inaudible words.

"See how he is being the good one and trying to portray me as the villain." Jeongguk finally said something and Hoseok still stayed quiet not knowing what to say.

"Will you shut the fuck up, Jeon Jeongguk?!" Taehyung almost shouted causing the raven head to flinch.

This was maybe the first time Taehyung shouted at him, that too for whom? Kim Namjoon? And this broke his heart.

-

i feel like the plot of this
book is okay okay but the
writing is really bad oof :(