07 | a very new friend

Taehyung was busy scribbling on his notebook while the teacher continued his lessons. He was paying the least attention cause he didn't care. All he cared about was his best friend sitting some rows ahead.

He couldn't but ignore how Violet and Jeongguk were smiling at each other.

"They look cute it's a big no from me." Hoseok commented, clicking his pen on and off that kinda was irritating the one beside him as the boy was trying his best to focus on the lessons.

"It's a no from me too. She may leave." Taehyung let out a small giggle pretending to press a buzzer as if he was some kind of judge and Hoseok approved nodding.

"I pity Jeongguk to be honest. In the end, he will be the one hurting." Hoseok predicted, the end of his lips curved as he stared at the boy ahead.

"Let's just hope that this stupid boy doesn't get too attached." Taehyung sighed, resting his chin on the cusp of his palm, "I really don't want him to get hurt just because of that girl."

"He himself chose that. If he does get hurt, it's gonna be his fault."

-

Taehyung stuffed the last bite of the chicken sandwich in his mouth and almost choked on the food when he heard, "Faggot!"

"The fuck." Taehyung mumbled turning around and saw a group of seniors circled around a table, a little away from theirs.

"Boys can't like boys, don't you know? Faggot!" one of them said and pushed the boy sitting on. Taehyung was staring at them and was about to walk to help but didn't have to when the boy pulled himself to his feet and the red haired male finally could see his face as he was the tallest of them all.

"It's my life you disgusting thing and I chose to live it my way." Taehyung nodded hearing that one senior half shout. He glared at them and pushed his sleeves down his elbow causing the others to roll their eyes and laugh, "You are alone and we are four."

"Oh that's unfair." the boy pressed his lips in a thin line and Taehyung decided to help the senior cause he felt that 'faggot' was directed to him.

"He is not alone." Taehyung walked to the table and touched one of the bully's shoulder, "Hyunjin, Soobin, Kay, Cha―"

Taehyung paused as he called his friends who were scattered around the cafeteria with their other friends.

They immediately came to help and seeing all those people against the four of them, they gulped and knew it will not end well.

The red haired male smirked seeing the bullies moved a little away and walked away, "We will see you later, faggot!"

"Assholes, I will complain about you to the principal!" Taehyung shouted out as they were walking out.

"It wasn't necessary." the boy smiled, his dimples appearing that instant.

"I know you would but four against one ain't fair and that too because of someone's sexuality. It's them who are disgusting." Taehyung smiled back and Hoseok patted his back, "You are right."

"They used to be my friends but after I came out to them, they felt disgusted." the senior let out a pained sigh but that instant tugged on a small smile on his lips, "But I really don't care."

"Man, I respect you and they are assholes, you need some cool friends, like me." Taehyung rubbed his palms together smiling, "Only if you want to. Cause you are so cool like you can confidently talk about what you feel where there are so many who keep it in. Just because they are scared."

"Love yourself. Whoever you are. Embrace yourself more and then see, everything will be so beautiful."

"To be friends isn't that easy. We need to understand each other and most importantly, we need to trust each other. So let's start with our names. I'm Namjoon. Kim Namjoon." the boy introduced and Taehyung along with Hoseok smiled.

"I am Kim Taehyung and that's Jung Hoseok." Taehyung introduced himself and also his friend on his behalf to which Hoseok hit him on his shoulder, "Bro, I can introduce myself."

"Uh huh, you can but bruh what are friends for?" Taehyung laughed.

"Some friends are there for dating the exes." Hoseok muttered under his breath which was only audible to Taehyung to which he just sighed.

"As you are our senior which is just my assumption, should I call you hyung or Namjoon?" Taehyung asked checking the boy in front from top to bottom. Man he is hot.

"Call me anything." Namjoon said as he didn't have any problem with anything.

"Okay anything. Thank you for being my friend." the younger giggled.

"I am disowning you Kim Taehyung, that was so lame." Hoseok pushed his friend causing him to smile and push him back, "I also endure your pathetic dick jokes, bitch."

-

"You know Gguk, I made a new friend today." Taehyung excitedly said, his eyes fixed on his best friend who was busy typing on his phone.

Taehyung had a habit of telling everything whatever happened that day to Jeongguk and like always, he was but maybe his friend wasn't quite interested cause the red haired male saw him smiling at the phone.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yeah, of course. You did something new." Jeongguk hummed, typing.

"Gguk, is that phone more important than me?" Taehyung asked, annoyed.

"Uh huh." Jeongguk hummed again and that kinda made the other upset.

"What are you doing? What's so interesting in that phone?" Taehyung left his bed and walked to the other's only to grab his phone causing him to glare but his eyes softened when he saw Taehyung's face.

"What?" Jeongguk asked calmly.

"I am talking to you. You should listen to me." Taehyung took a deep breath and blinked at his best friend, "Is it Violet?"

"Hmm." Jeongguk hummed softly.

"You made a promise. You remember that?"

"Yeah I do." Jeongguk fake smiled and pulled his phone back. He threw it on the bed and moved aside. Patting the space beside him he sighed, "Sit here."

"You are my oldest friend but even the new friend I made today gives me more attention than you do." Taehyung looked away, a little angry as he never did this. When he was dating Violet or anyone, he made sure to make time for his friends and he did.

"Ugh, I am so sorry." Jeongguk started massaging Taehyung's other shoulder while their adjacent ones were gushed beside each other.

"No, Jeongguk. Tell sorry when you really mean it. I don't want your fake ones." Taehyung huffed, a small pout appearing on his lips.

"I am. Okay how about we talk all night? Let me make it up to you."

-

sorry for not updating
the last two days :(

i was a little busy

watching bl dramas :)