16 | girlfriend or bestie

Jeongguk softly pushed Violet away when she tried get closer to him in the classroom, "We are in a class!"

"So what? It's just a peck." she huffed and rolled her eyes before looking ahead at the teacher who was busy explaining the lesson while Jeongguk stole a glance at Taehyung sitting at the back with Hoseok as they both were late today. Violet seems to notice it and decided just let it go this time.

The class ended in some minutes and the students flooded out of the room.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Taehyung asked as they were walking to their next class. Hoseok, Jeongguk, him and Violet;; all together.

The raven head saw the chain he bought for Taehyung adorning his neck and smiled to himself before looking up and mumbled, "Thank you."

Violet saw that too, she saw that gift Jeongguk bought and was losing her mind. But she wasn't dumb to start up a mess at this moment, she knows how to play it dirty.

They all stopped by their locker but Violet just walked ahead to Taehyung's and smirked before pointing at the red head's neck, "That locket, looks great on you, Taehyung."

"I know. Jeongguk bought it for me." Taehyung announced, his voice laced with pride, a wide smile on his lips.

"Well well, didn't want to burst your beautiful bubble but you should know, my boyfriend bought it for me but I told him to give it to you. He was so upset because of you not talking to him. I knew it would make you happy and you will forgive him." she laid her back on the locker and smiled at the boy who didn't know how to react.

"But you know what, I can't see you happy so―" Violet laughed, "Accept the reality baby, you're always the second priority."

"You're lying right?" Taehyung's voice cracked, not believing those words.

"I am not. He brought it with him when he came to eat cookies at my home. I even packed some for him and also told him to share with you." the girl lied back to back and Taehyung remembered the cookies.

"Now don't cry please. At least you got this pretty thing. Always remember Taehyung, in between a best friend and girlfriend, it's the girlfriend who wins. It's a fact." Violet patted the other's back and flinched hearing Jeongguk's voice, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing much. Just asking about some notes." she smiled and Jeongguk nodded, "Let's go. We are running late."

-

"

Why didn't you just throw this gift on his face yet Tae?" Hoseok huffed in anger slamming his hands on table. "You fucking wore this all this time."

The red head looked at the other who shook his head in disbelief. The cafeteria was getting filled with people and Taehyung noticed Jeongguk along with his girlfriend walking in. Unknown to the fact that Jeongguk wanted to come with them but because of Violet couldn't, squeezed his eyes shut thinking all the sorry's fake.

"You know I don't want any drama right now and if Violet wouldn't say this, I would've never―" Taehyung paused for a moment, "Just leave it hyung, I already lost the challenge. And talking about this, hearing it from him will fuck me up even more."

"No, Taehyung. Fuck!" Hoseok scooted closer and unhooked the chain pulling it away, "You are talking to him right now about this. He can't do this to you."

"If you don't, then I will. Enough is enough!"

Violet never really thought Taehyung will talk about this to Jeongguk but this time she was wrong. Hoseok won't let Taehyung be quiet this time.

"Just talk to him or else I am disowning you."

Taehyung sighed and pulled himself to his feet. He already lost Jeongguk and now because of him, he can't let Hoseok be mad at him and whatever the purple haired male wanted him to do was right. He would hurt his self respect by keeping that thing to himself.

Jeongguk already hurt him enough so if he hurts him a little more, it's fine for Taehyung but in no way, he is backing off right now.

"Here." Taehyung walked in front of Jeongguk causing him to smile and reach out for a hug but stopped when the red head took a step back, "Stop right there."

"What happened, Tae? We sorted out right?" Jeongguk smiled and Taehyung just let out a humorous chuckle, "Oh really? We gave me something that you actually bought for your girlfriend?"

Violet gulped hearing this and was scared to death right now cause she only a moment away from being exposed.

"What do you mean?" Jeongguk questioned.

"Oh you don't know? You don't know how this was for her but then decided to give it to me." Taehyung glared at Violet.

"Are you really hearing yourself? Do you know how stupid this sounds? Why would I ever give you that if I bought it for her?" Jeongguk asked, not believing Taehyung right now.

"She herself told me, Jeongguk!"

It was Jeongguk's turn to glare at Violet who looked down only to look up again, "No, Gguk― he is lying."

"Wait what?" Taehyung now knitted his brows and sucked in a sharp breath, "Violet, please. Stop this. You yourself told me that."

"He is lying." she repeated not knowing how to pass this. She even pretended to be shocked at the accusation which was true, "He is trying to break our relationship, baby."

"The one who tells me to not break up with you will do this? Stop it now, girl." Jeongguk held his pointer finger in the air and now the whole cafeteria was focussed on their drama.

"What do you mean? You want to break up with me? For him?" Violet tried to change the topic.

"Is he more important than me?"

"Why did you lie?" Jeongguk sternly asked and Violet knew she can't lie anymore, "Fine, I did lie but I did this because he was getting in between us and I don't want that Gguk. I actually like you. You're special to me."

"But Taehyung is my best friend, if you wanna be with me, you gotta accept my friends too and behave nice with them."

"No, Jeongguk. Taehyung doesn't act like a best friend, he isn't happy when you are happy with me. He is jealous of you." Violet almost shouted.

"Enough!" Taehyung shouted.

"Enough Violet. And Jeongguk―" Taehyung had enough. He can't take it anymore.

"Today it's either me or her. Choose one. I can't take this anymore."

-

might double update!
and sorry if this was a little messy :(